Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #11
Jomb

You may be right about hell, i dont believe in it literally myself. I mean figuratively speaking.

Fair enough.
Jomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #12
ARProductions2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomb View Post
Reaper - sorry the puzzles were too hard for you. I could possibly have made them easier, but i wanted it to be challenging.

ARProductions2009 - I'm aware the game is not as finger-twitch challenging as Jumpman, it's more on the cerebral side.
Jumpman is 1000000000000000000000X better then your little game. Why come to a forum and do false advertising? You said it was based on ROM-hacks I watched the video, it had nothing to do with ROM-hacks. I played the game, and thought it was horrible. Maybe I should review it, and rant on how horrible it is, actually its not worth my time, atleast not right now. I got other things to worry about.

ARProductions2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
Jomb

jumpman is different genre. You cant really tell that much about the game from the video, i intentionally showed little of the game in that so as not to give away too much. If you played the game (which i highly doubt), you must have got stuck in the intro and not got anywhere. There are 5 characters which appear in this game which are original to ROM-hacks.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #14
ARProductions2009

Quote:
jumpman is different genre. You cant really tell that much about the game from the video, i intentionally showed little of the game in that so as not to give away too much. If you played the game (which i highly doubt), you must have got stuck in the intro and not got anywhere. There are 5 characters which appear in this game which are original to ROM-hacks.
Well so far, people have bashed the game, obviously it sucks, and yes I did play it for a bit, it was a waste of 2 hours.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #15
Jomb

Just because people bash a game (most without having played it) does not mean a game sucks. Anyway, i said its not for everyone, and thats what i meant. It's gotten praise as well as criticism. You actually played for 2 hours and failed to get past the intro?!?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #16
pipes

this thread is like a bad acid trip
Old 05-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #17
ARProductions2009

Quote:
Just because people bash a game (most without having played it) does not mean a game sucks. Anyway, i said its not for everyone, and thats what i meant. It's gotten praise as well as criticism. You actually played for 2 hours and failed to get past the intro?!?
I got past the intro.

Ok, I will give you a 4/10 on this game, for effort. How about that.

As for your little website there with Rom Hacks, I like that, so good work on that, but this game here, I am not feeling it.

I will tell you this though, when i get chance to, and I am not busy, I will play it longer then 2 hours.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #18
Jomb

ARProductions2009 - Whatever your opinion is on the game, its perfectly valid if you played it. I didnt really make this game expecting it would have a huge mass appeal. I know right away probably 50% will hate it just because they are into censorship. I made the adventure game i would like to play, and i pushed the envelope. Many people hate it when you take things to an extreme, but to me there is art in that.

If you get around to playing it, feel free to tell me what you thought, feedback, criticism, it's all welcome.

pipes - You probably didnt mean it that way, but i take that as a huge compliment.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #19
ARProductions2009

Quote:
ARProductions2009 - Whatever your opinion is on the game, its perfectly valid if you played it. I didnt really make this game expecting it would have a huge mass appeal. I know right away probably 50% will hate it just because they are into censorship. I made the adventure game i would like to play, and i pushed the envelope. Many people hate it when you take things to an extreme, but to me there is art in that.

If you get around to playing it, feel free to tell me what you thought, feedback, criticism, it's all welcome.

pipes - You probably didnt mean it that way, but i take that as a huge compliment.
Yeah the content doesn't bother me at all, I mean I don't condone such talk of rape and so on, but, this is just a game, so I am not bothered by the content, weird yes, but hey alot of the ROM Hacks out there are weird as hell

When I was playing it, it is somewhat confusing when i played it, maybe its because i was busy with other things, I know the next couple days, I may have some time, I know I am currently working on a new review, but I know maybe Friday and sometime tomorrow I will have time. I know this game, won't be able to go on Youtube for a review because of the content, but I will let you know, when I get more into the game, what I think,

I got past the intro, and I was laughing, but i was confused, I am not into a game that confuses the hell out of me, I will admit this now, I like easy games, now if I can figure something out then fine, so I just need more time with it.

I will be honest though, when you posted this. I thought you were a forum spammer, so I jumped the gun a little bit.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #20
Jomb

The controls should be fairly simple, basically you click on a button, which puts you in a mode, for example "talk", then you click on something else to use that command on it, for example "talk to surfer". The reason there are 2 inventory slots showing, is that you can use commands on the second one, while the 1st one is basically what you are equipped with. Once you get the hang of this, the game is very simple to play.

In my opinion, the puzzle in the intro is super-easy and can be done in 5 seconds if you know what to do, 5 mins if you're looking for secrets or something (and there are secrets). The 1st island has moderately difficult puzzles. The 3rd island has difficult puzzles, and the 4th island has very difficult puzzles. Only 1 person that I'm aware of has defeated the 4th island and got the "good" ending. You can still beat the game without doing all that though. I didnt mention the 2nd island because it has no actual puzzles, and is more just storyline.

It's fine, everyone jumps to conclusions sometimes.