Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-- View Post
InVerse: Fixing America would be like trying to glue together shattered Egyptian pottery where half the missing pieces have turned into dust.

Sometimes it pays to admit something is fucked beyond repair and move on, or in the case, move out.
Some people are more suited for destroying the machine from the inside. It's popular for whiners to view the U.S. government as a big, evil conspiracy but it has been proven time and again that the only reason the people are in charge is because it's a matter of the ignorant leading the retarded. All it takes is a single bullet to reduce an ignorant person to a lower brain function than a retard.

Quote:
I believe that if all the sane people leave America and go make the rest of the world better, the shitwits left behind will decide to nuke themselves into an early Rapture so they can go to Happy Land with their sky king.
The fucktards in charge are primarily exclusionary elitists. If everyone were to stop kowtowing to them and leave, I think they'd be delighted. I have no doubt that that they'd simply plug their children into the menial tasks they refuse to do themselves. Even if it worked, it would take a couple of generations, something I'm not willing to wait for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
A lot of us people here have no such luxury...
I think you mean "A lot of us people here have far too much luxury and aren't willing to give that up for the suboptimal existence it might require of us to leave the comfort of the familiar."
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #12
D--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
A lot of us people here have no such luxury...
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

I did it. You can too.

Like Inverse said, people aren't willing to leave their comfort zones and take a risk.

Make no mistake, leaving behind your social connections, language, hometown, family and every other thing that has supported you in hopes of finding opportunity that may or may not really exist somewhere else is a big risk.

I had absolutely no hope whatsoever of life in the USA improving, so taking that risk was a relatively easy decision for me.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #13
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-- View Post
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

I did it. You can too.

Like Inverse said, people aren't willing to leave their comfort zones and take a risk.

Make no mistake, leaving behind your social connections, language, hometown, family and every other thing that has supported you in hopes of finding opportunity that may or may not really exist somewhere else is a big risk.

I had absolutely no hope whatsoever of life in the USA improving, so taking that risk was a relatively easy decision for me.

I have no job, and I only get around 535 a month. Now, tell me how I'm supposed to afford moving out of the country again?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #14
InVerse

A passport only costs a little over $100. Walking doesn't cost anything. With a generous budget of $2/day for food (I've survived on much less in the past), that $535 will last you well over six months.

It's pretty easy to get a job on a merchant ship that will drop you off in whatever ports of call they're headed toward. It's not even particularly difficult to get a job on a cruise ship that will keep you on the water for six months at a time.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #15
Reaper man

you seem to be forgetting the massive amounts of stuff I have here.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:10 AM   #16
InVerse

Thus my original comment. It isn't that you don't have the luxury of moving, it's that you have too many luxuries to move.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:30 AM   #17
D--

And if you're not willing to work on a ship, eat for less than $2/day for 3-4 months and you will most likely have saved enough to buy an airplane ticket. Pack whatever shit matters to you into two suitcases or cardboard boxes and off you go.

Can't take everything? Too fucking bad. I left behind a LOT of stuff too. Again, this comes down to deciding what really matters to you. Since you are not willing to dump your luxuries, they are clearly more important to you than leaving the country.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #18
pipes

this is what my brother did

sold EVERYTHING but some pants and shirts, xbox, a dog and left.
Something, like reaper man, I don't want to do that because I have worked too hard for the little shit I do have, and would rather find a different way to move out west.
must... find... job...
plus I have student loans and if I drop out have to pay them back. I also just transferred from my old college so I don't have enough credit hours to get into another university at the moment