Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Website Talk > Site Questions / Suggestions

Old 08-11-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
Cornellius

Default Delete the non-working news posters, and a list of the staff members

- Delete the news posters who aren't posting news.
- Ask for a minimum of news for about, let's say, a week, or a month, I dunno.

- It would be nice to have a list of the staff members on the main page, kinda like the old ZD.

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
Apophis

I second the staff list.
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:40 AM   #3
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornellius View Post
- Delete the news posters who aren't posting news.
- Ask for a minimum of news for about, let's say, a week, or a month, I dunno.

- It would be nice to have a list of the staff members on the main page, kinda like the old ZD.
Well, I would post news. However, one of two things usually happens:

1. Someone beats me to a story.
2. Life intervenes and throws school, friends, and family my way.

I guess that I just don't know where to look for a news story.

Click here to level up my card!

Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:41 AM   #4
Iconoclast

"- Delete the news posters who aren't posting news."
Hey hey what the hell is this? I'm not posting news because there's no true emulator updates for the N64. Instead I'm uploading USF soundtracks as HCS adds them around every week or more, and I fixed the N64 emulators section, added some plugins and utilities, etcetera. I can't be that useless. Now there are definitely some potential news articles for the N64, but topics like "Project64 may be coming back to life" just ain't it. silly oxen glueing their eyes on screen disregarding facts

We already have a staff list.
http://www.zophar.net/forums/showgroups.php

It's the vBulletin system; every forum index links to it.

Last edited by Iconoclast; 09-09-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Hey hey what the hell is this? I'm not posting news because there's no true emulator updates for the N64. Instead I'm uploading USF soundtracks as HCS adds them around every week or more, and I fixed the N64 emulators section, added some plugins and utilities, etcetera. I can't be that useless. Now there are definitely some potential news articles for the N64, but topics like "Project64 may be coming back to life" just ain't it. silly oxen glueing their eyes on screen disregarding facts

We already have a staff list.
http://www.zophar.net/forums/showgroups.php

It's the vBulletin system; every forum index links to it.
well perhaps you should take on another section. Perhaps a more active one?

or here's an idea. Maybe posting some news that isn't being covered by anyone else? Don't just limt yourself to your particular section
Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
hcs

Back when I was running it I would post USF archive updates as news. 'course, they were coming a bit faster then and I could batch them...
hcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
Cornellius

Quote:
I'm not talking only about you. In fact, when I made this post, I wasn't thinking about you at all. There's some people who did not post anything. Not a single word from them. I know that the Nintendo 64 scene isn't as active as it used to be, but like it has been said, don't limit yourself to that section or to emulators. You can post any cool things that have to do with the Nintendo 64. You can also ask to maintain another section if you want to.

This post was mainly about the ones who never posted a word, who are here only "for the title".

How about anyone staffer could post any news about any section on a private forum (available only to staffers), and then, have a person or two write them on the main page. I'm suggesting this if someone was tired of doing one particular section, or if the section one's maintaining isn't very active at the moment.

It's just that we re-created Zophar in order to keep it alive. In the 1996-2000 era, Zophar's Domain was far more active, but then, so were the emulators.

As for the staff list, where did you find that link ? Edman should make it available on the main page. If it's already there, it's well hidden.

Last edited by Cornellius; 09-09-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #8
Iconoclast

This isn't about self-limitation. Of course if you want you can--change or work on a different field--but this shouldn't be that complex: If there is an emulator update post news. In fact silence is also acceptable; some content managers might be waiting for user feedback and care. It's not likely...just as you said if certainly they're only wanting the title but appear inactive as well there's no reason not to delete them; only then is there a valid idea as to why to delete them.

It's the forums index page. I very rarely use it since the New Posts link is tons easier, but /forums/index.php has those kinds of links and statistics.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 AM   #9
Cornellius

Quote:
just as you said if certainly they're only wanting the title but appear inactive as well there's no reason not to delete them;
But then again, why keep them ?

Old 09-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #10
Iconoclast

Well in that perspective there's not enough info. Even if it's been a year who knows if they're waiting for something or for sure why they haven't did anything to content. If Edman doesn't have the patience it's up to him / not us. Bear in mind these people were actually willing to contact him and answer his question and probably are subject to some kind of disregard for activity. We only know there's enough info when they like abuse the privelege or something.