Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Website Talk > Site Questions / Suggestions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Edman
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 739
Default Looking for forum moderators

The new site's been open for almost a week, I guess everyone has settled down a bit and the forum is off to a good start. In line with this, I'm looking for people willing to help moderate the occasional issue that comes up on the boards.

You must have been an active poster in this last week. You must be well behaved and level headed. You must know the rules.

Please note that since the forum is not that active (yet), I'm currently looking for only 3 people, so don't take it at heart if you don't make it.

If you're ready to apply, send me a PM: http://www.zophar.net/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=1
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 AM   #2
Xeon3D
Senior Member
 
Xeon3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Albufeira, PT
Posts: 261
Default

PM Sent.
Xeon3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
Kojote
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salzburg, Austria
Posts: 15
Default

i think the "content managers" should have moderator rights by default. obviously it isn't that way yet. once you qualify for cm you must be probably already trustable enough to have mod rights too.

this would avoid wasting more time in finding moderators and put work, where work is required.
__________________
Kojote

http://www.pdroms.de - Daily news for plenty of homebrew enabled consoles and handhelds!
Kojote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
CVMagic
Junior Member
 
CVMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojote View Post
i think the "content managers" should have moderator rights by default. obviously it isn't that way yet. once you qualify for cm you must be probably already trustable enough to have mod rights too.

this would avoid wasting more time in finding moderators and put work, where work is required.
Well it looks like to me we really have someone who could just as easily be a staff member himself ;-)
__________________
-! New Signature Pending !-
CVMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 AM   #5
Soushkin
Regular Member
 
Soushkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dislocated
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojote View Post
i think the "content managers" should have moderator rights by default. obviously it isn't that way yet. once you qualify for cm you must be probably already trustable enough to have mod rights too.

this would avoid wasting more time in finding moderators and put work, where work is required.
Probably. What about the Content Managers that don't want to moderate anything, but just deliver content??
__________________
If you can see it and you can touch it, it's real.
If you can't see it, but you can touch it, it's transparant.
If you can see it, but you can't touch it, it's virtual.
If you can't see it and you can't touch it, it's gone!
Soushkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
CVMagic
Junior Member
 
CVMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soushkin View Post
Probably. What about the Content Managers that don't want to moderate anything, but just deliver content??
I don't think they will be a problem, you have the choice in that case not to use the moderator tools as a CM. Think of it as an added plus instead of an extra responsibility, but obviously out of the CMs we should have people volunteer their time to moderate a certain section of the forum to at least ensure that someone may be looking at the posts.
__________________
-! New Signature Pending !-
CVMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Edman
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 739
Default

Thanks to all the people who applied. I will give it one more day for people to send in their PMs, and then choose the new mods.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Cornellius
Senior Member
 
Cornellius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Québec/Canada
Posts: 2,787
Default

I wish I could help, but I don't have enough time to moderate a forum, just enough time to browse it.
__________________
My job

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
Xeon3D
Senior Member
 
Xeon3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Albufeira, PT
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVMagic View Post
Well it looks like to me we really have someone who could just as easily be a staff member himself ;-)
Nothing I didn't already told him. But I think he's got enough work for himself. If you didn't yet, go check his site.
Xeon3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #10
FireEmblemGuy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVMagic View Post
I don't think they will be a problem, you have the choice in that case not to use the moderator tools as a CM. Think of it as an added plus instead of an extra responsibility, but obviously out of the CMs we should have people volunteer their time to moderate a certain section of the forum to at least ensure that someone may be looking at the posts.
Really, I kinda figured if you're given the power to moderate, you're expected to use it instead of ignore or abuse it. You know, the whole great power/great responsibility thing.
FireEmblemGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.