Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 11-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #91
Burzy
Awesome Member

Default yumm!

mmm all-you-can-preach-bible-buffet.

As of last night, I have just completed the first palace.

thoughts so far: Disregarding the pitfalls exploit (what you call the nether realm, which makes state saves a must), The game is fairly decent. One thing stood out in particular:

"Don't liek the game? GO F**** YOURSELF" and something about a dildo lol...

WHATS up with THAT :P

Happens randomly, even when idling.

As a side note, i have noticed that in the first palace, in the main room (where the Bow is in the unhacked version of the rom) if you fall in the lower right pit, you land in ganons room.. man he whooped my fat ass lol)

So far, considering im only one dungeon in, i like!

But the random cussing message is ...strange.. whats the story there Kpg?

Last edited by Burzy; 11-21-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Burzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #92
kgp4death

Yeah it has mature language.....It replaces the text of Zelda screaming in pain. It will go away once you find the sword. You should see the message like 3-4 times then you find the sword. Yeah the holes make save states essential.

Check out my game Bruce Campbell vs Ganon (trailer) It is a hack of "Zelda -A Link to the Past" with Ash of "Army of Darkness" as the main Character.....
kgp4death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #93
Burzy
Awesome Member

interesting. I have the sword, but I'm still randomly being told to go fuck myself xD
Old 11-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #94
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzy View Post
interesting. I have the sword, but I'm still randomly being told to go fuck myself xD
The game just hates you, it seems. :)
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #95
kgp4death

hum....did you save the princess, and get the first sword....those are the two criteria for the message to stop. I have replayed the beginning and have confirmed that the message does stop right after you talk to Zelda for the first time. What emulator are you using?

Check out my game Bruce Campbell vs Ganon (trailer) It is a hack of "Zelda -A Link to the Past" with Ash of "Army of Darkness" as the main Character.....

Last edited by kgp4death; 11-22-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #96
Burzy
Awesome Member

Zsnes.

I got the sword from my "uncle" and then rescued zelda.

After leaving sanctuary, I'm still getting the message.

I'll test again tonight form a fresh gamesave and remove my save file or Sram or whatever it is. (you know what I'm talking about :P I'ts too early to think )
Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #97
kgp4death

Yeah just tried it with zsnes v1.51 and the text did stop when it was supposed to.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:25 AM   #98
The 9th Sage

You might want to change that to something that makes more sense. That's just my opinion though (reminds me of those old "Chrono, your mom is HOT!" type hacks that have that kind of thing for no point other than to be that way).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #99
kgp4death

Yeah, the game was supposed to have two versions (regular and bad language) but story line got so good that the main story would have been the same in both versions. So then I decided to have the main story serious and the rest of the text in the game the funny. That way there is only one version of the game to keep up to date but there is still plenty of text to appease the "I want a good story" people and the "I want random funny shit" people. I kinda fall into both camps and the game is meant to fall into both categories too. At points the two style clash but I don't see it being any other way I mean the main part that makes Ash, is his loud mouth arrogant and funny language. The part that makes it a great story holds to zelda tradition, with many twists and turns in the storyline along the way. Actually, this games story ties up most of the loose ends in both franchises.......(people that have played the game - do you agree with what i just said?)

Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #100
Burzy
Awesome Member

I won't know till tomorrow. Day off. Ugh, and I wanna hit lvl 110 in AE too... what to do...