Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 09-28-2009, 03:13 AM   #31
kgp4death

Got my webserver setup and here is the link still flimsy but more content to come

http://kgp4deathromsite.no-ip.org/

Check out my game Bruce Campbell vs Ganon (trailer) It is a hack of "Zelda -A Link to the Past" with Ash of "Army of Darkness" as the main Character.....

Last edited by kgp4death; 09-28-2009 at 04:07 AM.
kgp4death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 AM   #32
kgp4death

Ok played through the game the first time and wow the story line is unbelievable.....My friend said he almost Sh*t him self because the story was so unbelievable....

Check out my game Bruce Campbell vs Ganon (trailer) It is a hack of "Zelda -A Link to the Past" with Ash of "Army of Darkness" as the main Character.....
Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 AM   #33
The 9th Sage

Heh, well it IS your hack. Of course you're going to say so. I'll have to check it out sometime. About how complete is it thus far? How much is changed?

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #34
kgp4death

yep I do realize that but once it is done I think everyone will see what I am talking about.....all dungeons are hacked though i figured out another "move" that link can use to solve puzzles that i have never seen used before(in any hack or original) and i am doing a few rooms over to incorporate....all dialog is hacked......over worlds are next then title screen.....i would say it is about 90% done with two weeks or so left.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #35
kgp4death

New Official Trailer released lmk what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCng4ekfGAc

Old 11-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #36
kgp4death

Game has been released look it up and give it a try....Thanks guys you were very supportive.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #37
fts89

Hey kgp,

Ive downloaded ur "Bruce Campbell vs Ganon" Hack and patched it with Lunar IPS patch, but it wont work somehow.
Its saying "Successfully patched!", im launching it and it starts normally, but after "Ninteno, 1992/1994" screen title it stops. How come?

Some help would be really nice!

greetz

edit:

Same thing happens with other roms like Secret of Evermore balance patch. How come? Am i doing something wrong? Help plz!

Last edited by fts89; 11-02-2009 at 03:20 AM.
fts89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #38
InVerse

Chances are you're using the wrong ROM. Either your ROM has a header and the patch doesn't expect one or vice versa. (Incidentally, with IPS patches, you could apply the patch to a picture of a turtle and it's still going to say it was successfully patched.)
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #39
The 9th Sage

Check the unpatched ROM with something like NSRT or SNEStool to see if it has a header. If it does, try removing it and repatching. If it doesn't have one, try adding one and repatching.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #40
fts89

Hey saga,

Ive already got NSRT and all unpatched roms got a header(i downloaded 3 different ones).
After removing them, I tried to repatch them once with the no-header patch and once with the header-patch.

One question here:
If u launch a rom and the font at the beginning where its saying "bad Checksum" and stuff is white its unpatched and if its yellow its patched... no?

All the time im patchin the headerless rom with the noheader patch, the font stays white and if im patching it with the header patch, its yellow, but NOT going on at all.

If i leave the header on the rom, its just reverse. Yellow font = roms tucks after the titel screen.... with some sound issues

In case the thing with the font isnt right whatI just said, it might have already worked, but one thing here(at laest with soe):
Does the patched rom have some extra title ingame /titlescreen / somewhere like "by Ninakoru" or something ?

Do u or anyone else here know what the problem could be ? Also... could anybody mind patching me the game and upload it by sendspace and PM me the link or something? That would be REALLY nice, cos I cant await to play both games (The Zelda hack rom and of course the SoE one)

Last edited by fts89; 11-03-2009 at 12:55 AM.
fts89 is offline   Reply With Quote