Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 08-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #11
toasterhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
oooh ooh, what about my profile?
Thanks for being one of the few people who doesn't partake in ganja who supports it's legalization! The overcrowded jails would be a lot less so if more people supported this action. (At least that is the most I could gather, after all my name is toasterhed... anyways..)

I agree with 9thSage, women who may not know you may or may not get it. But if they are stupid enough to take everything literally (regardless of the fact that they are female), then you probably wouldn't want to date them. lol

Anyways, I gave up on online personals and I'm not locked into a complicated relationship with a high maintenance tease. How do you write that on a personals ad?

"Eccentric pothead seeks escape route from sexless relationship!"

Nah, I'm just kidding... but I wonder who would reply. Would I get flamed? = P

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Actually women his age in his area would love his profile. I'm pretty sure Brad also would be OK with a short or medium length relationship as long as the sex was really good but I can't blame him since I would also at his age so his profile is probably right on track.
His age isn't THAT far off from mine, and I wouldn't post that. It really depends on the person anyway (both you and prospective dates).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
Haoie

More OKC fans? Wow.

Please, no shirtless pics!!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
FleshCage

Okay, if I were on a dating website and I saw the bit about you giving head, I'd be like, Whoa, this Homey is a Pervy. That would be my initial reaction. Your best bet would be a subtle approach. lol. You just gotta make yourself seem more awesome than the other dweebs on there. Tell then you bleed molten lava, and that you can walk through mountains. Or better yet, tell them you're like Kenshiro from Fist of the North star, and that you can pop people's heads with your fingertips.
FleshCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #15
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshCage View Post
Okay, if I were on a dating website and I saw the bit about you giving head, I'd be like, Whoa, this Homey is a Pervy. That would be my initial reaction. Your best bet would be a subtle approach. lol. You just gotta make yourself seem more awesome than the other dweebs on there. Tell then you bleed molten lava, and that you can walk through mountains. Or better yet, tell them you're like Kenshiro from Fist of the North star, and that you can pop people's heads with your fingertips.

I've pretty much given up on the online thing and I'm not really a perv so much as to honest but women don't respond to honest, at least the good girls don't.

I had one woman respond to my normal fixed profile and she was 30 and on welfare because she had a kid and was going to be living like 30 miles away and she said she wasn't planning on even trying to work till the kid was in school in a few years. Later she admitted she was basically just looking for sex after I chatted with her for a while. So I just talked for the rest of the early evening then just ignored her messages after that.

I'm just going to let life happen and if I meet a decent one in my area fine if not then I'm on worse off than before.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #16
WatchSmart

How does anyone meet a woman in the twenty-first century? You get fired if you hit on someone at work, and the clubs are all really horrible. We all work more hours than any time in recent memory, so there is no time for social clubs and what not.

College kids have opprotunities, but how is anyone else supposed to meet someone? Seems like online dating is the only way.

I met my girlfriend in the goddamn Gobi Desert (by chance). Lucky me! If I was living in North America and single I might shoot myself.
WatchSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
FleshCage

I met my boyfriend at a party at my friend's house. But I started dating someone else first who was his best friend. err.... I sound like an ass for dating my exboyfriend's ex bestfriend.
But if it's any consolation, I've liked my boyfriend for a looooooooong time. I used to walk home with him in elementary school. lol

This is the internet. No one exists past your computer screen.
FleshCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchSmart View Post
How does anyone meet a woman in the twenty-first century? You get fired if you hit on someone at work, and the clubs are all really horrible. We all work more hours than any time in recent memory, so there is no time for social clubs and what not.

College kids have opprotunities, but how is anyone else supposed to meet someone? Seems like online dating is the only way.

I met my girlfriend in the goddamn Gobi Desert (by chance). Lucky me! If I was living in North America and single I might shoot myself.
I just think dating sucks. The best relationship I had to date was because we ended up in bed within hours of meeting and just said fuck what everyone thinks or says and were living together in 2 days. She was the only woman I've met in so long that was just herself without fear of what anyone thought and I'm not talking she had stupid tats or piercing all over her body or anything superficial some women do for acceptance. She was just so normal and didn't try to hide herself like every single woman I've ever met.

The problem with dating is people act single when they should look how their married friends act and realize they don't hide because they have found someone. They don't care what people think about them since they always have someone to go home to no matter how their day goes at work or anywhere else for that matter.

The problem with dating is it was for a time when people were more normal and just to see if people liked each other before marriage. Now though it's more to find out who just wants sex or is a psycho and who is just living a lie and you never really know who they are even if you dated for years.

Life being single is fucked up today.

Last edited by shawn; 09-25-2009 at 10:46 AM.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:20 AM   #19
puduhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
I just think dating sucks. The best relationship I had to date was because we ended up in bed within hours of meeting and just said fuck what everyone thinks or says and were living together in 2 days. She was the only woman I've met in so long that was just herself without fear of what anyone thought and I'm not talking she had stupid tats or piercing all over her body or anything superficial some women do for acceptance. She was just so normal and didn't try to hide herself like every single woman I've ever met.

The problem with dating is people act single when they should look how their married friends act and realize they don't hide because they have found someone. They don't care what people think about them since they always have someone to go home to no matter how their day goes at work or anywhere else for that matter.

The problem with dating is it was for a time when people were more normal and just to see if people liked each other before marriage. Now though it's more to find out who just wants sex or is a psycho and who is just living a lie and you never really know who they are even if you dated for years.

Life being single is fucked up today.
It is definitely more complex than ever before as society has become diverse and complicated. Plus the additional challenges aforementioned.

I just finished watching a Star Trek: TNG episode where Geordi spent hours programming the perfect holodeck date but his date wasn't biting. Later Geordi picks Guinan's brain about what it is she looks for in a man, and in a round about way, she infers to Geordi that the best way is to not try (or not try so hard).

Which touches on your comments about how people should act how they would be if married because they are themselves and they have no reason to care because their personal/intimate life is secure.

But that's a catch-22. It seems very difficult, when you want a special someone so badly, to be able to act as if you already have that relationship. That seems to be the real trick. All I could add to this is that some individuals really make it easy for you to be yourself. The chemistry. The connection. All of that. It still changes over time, but can make the difference in comfort enough to allow the relationship to progress.

Dating can be so awkward and painful. But of course, loneliness can be all of this and then some. I really feel for you man. Sometimes it is helpful to try to look at the bright side: At least you are not in the wrong relationship - which can be really hard to get out of sometimes. But yeah, probably not much consolation since when loneliness takes over, it seems like being with anyone would be better.

Have you seen the John Cusack movie High Fidelity (based on the popular book)? That's a good one to watch and help you feel ok about the stuggle of searching for companionship. Great movie.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #20
Burzy
Awesome Member

most people who truly want nothing more than love and companionship, will often go through a lot of bumps in the road. It took one long hellish "drive" that I had found myself in before I was able to break free and love being alone and CRAVE my solitude, since I had finally decided I was the only one good enough for me. But in touch with that, I wouldn't allow myself to become bitter. As a result, I seemed happy/content with myself, and still loved socializing/partying with others which gave me opportunities to meet the lady I'm with now

I've read everything people have posted here, and in each persons story, you can see a bit of yourself, and hopefully we can use our mutual experiences to come to a similar happy ending (or current 'ending' you know what I mean I'm sure :P)

It's still very fresh in my mind, the crushing pressure of both longing, and heartbreak.
You can be with someone and have it torture you, which was the wake up call I needed, which helped me decide to stop trying so hard, and giving so much, and more importantly, love ME and wanna be around people more. Only then did i get to where I am now.

And of course, pot and ashen empires/dransik helped me pass away time when i needed to get away hehe. There's few things Vid-iya gamescan't cure.
Burzy is offline   Reply With Quote