Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Website Talk > Site Questions / Suggestions

Old 12-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Reaper man

Default Complete staff overhaul + We're hiring!

Alright, for those that aren't aware, when ZD gained new ownership, Edman hired a good 30 or so "content managers" which are the ones that post news and do updates on the site. As of now, around 29 (maybe less, I'm not too sure) weren't really doing anything, leaving all the work to just one guy (as you can see, look below.) Therefore I have decided to just demote everyone else and start fresh. Now just because I demoted you doesn't mean I hate you or that I think you are lazy, etc, so don't take it personally. I might have demoted some of you in error, since some of the work being done to the site was more behind the scenes and therefore not reflected on the front page. Any former content managers can of course still apply, just as long as they remain active and actually do something. With that said, I'm proud to announce that we have positions available in the following areas.

News:

-Emulators for PC
-Emulators for *nix/Mac
-Emulators for Consoles
-Rom hacks/utilities
-Game Music

and general site maintainer.

If you are interested, please send me a PM (registration to the forums required, of course) and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Oh, and have a Happy Holidays. :>
Old 12-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
SpaceTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Oh, and have a Happy Holidays. :>
Christmas Eve... that's really cold. I've been helping maintain the database for over 5 years, but since I started the management has done nothing but dig a grave for ZD. Personal or not, I'm not going to waste any more time holding the shovel for you. The next time I get some free time, I'm going to spend it elsewhere.
SpaceTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #3
Isildur

Eek. Probably not the most ingratiatory way to kick off a recruitment drive...
Isildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
Prower

Now Brad is making management decisions for the site, too?

Thanks Edman, but it was nice while it lasted. If this was your decision then you're going to drive ZD right back into the ground again.
Prower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
Iconoclast

In an attempt to relieve the unemployed's feelings
Did you guys know Edman hasn't logged on since September?
minus recently in Dec 22 four days ago, but obviously the phrase "I read all threads anyway" couldn't have applied in the course of that one day, so even if all this was done before then he'd probably still not notice.

What little I did see is that if he did log on he checked any PMs he got usually replied at first, mostly went as far as "Searching Forums," so yeah.

And yes Edman made Reaper Man an admin before that long period, not having been a member way back when before the site sold to see all the trouble he got into. He kinda never saw the various complaint threads back when there were just super moderators, not to insult the poor guys or anything

And hey, duh Edman cares, I believe in making a difference! But man Mr. Reap sure can speak, and my part I guess obviously it was already made here

Wishes everyone.. I'll still hang out we can never forget this place right?
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
Diskeater

I said my piece in the thread on the IA boards. If you want a general maintainer person, send me a PM.
Diskeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
Fla Flash
Staff (News -- Rom Hacking)

I pm'ed Brad about helping out as far as hacks were concerned.

But after reading Iconoclast's post, I can't help but wonder if it's the idea of starting totally fresh, none of the old guard around, so to speak.

Hey, it's Edman's choice and his site. I'm glad it's still here.
Fla Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
gutzsant

I don't log-in for a few days and then I find a few surprises. Personally, I don't think that it was necessary to demote Content Managers, but I suppose we'll only see if this decision was for good or for ill in the next months. For my part, I'll do my best to keep ZD alive and updated with the hope of making it as glorious as it once was. I expect that this time around there we'll be more news posters, specially for systems that I can't handle.
gutzsant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
Iconoclast

Eh-heh, by all means, there's no hopelessness to this at all really. I PMed him, too.

Even if Edman stops coming at least both admins read all this stuff--whatever the hell they react with (to me usually reasonable to clarify).
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
Fla Flash
Staff (News -- Rom Hacking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutzsant View Post
I don't log-in for a few days and then I find a few surprises. Personally, I don't think that it was necessary to demote Content Managers, but I suppose we'll only see if this decision was for good or for ill in the next months. For my part, I'll do my best to keep ZD alive and updated with the hope of making it as glorious as it once was. I expect that this time around there we'll be more news posters, specially for systems that I can't handle.
Dude, I've been there. You rock.
Fla Flash is offline   Reply With Quote