Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 07-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
This site has turned a profit in the past and very easily could again. As for the huge database, it's not really that big and 90% of the content is useless. What it needs is a complete deletion and rebuild from scratch, data and design.
I remember someone downloading it and it came up to 13 gigs or something like that. Its not that big because the files are small, but there is alot of them.

I don't like the idea of deleting anything. I know most of the content is outdated emus but I feel like it's a bit of history that should be preserved.
I'm a bit of a pack rat.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
InVerse

I'm going to assume that the 13gb refers to the file archive because that would be pretty massive for a database, which is what I've been talking about.

Isn't the history thing much better covered by Emu Wiki?
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #13
The 9th Sage

Quote:
I'm just being realistic. The forums do not generate income, so it's in the owners' best interest that they remain as dead as possible.
Yeah, it surely is painfully obvious that he cares nothing for the site, especially since (and I didn't know this part until you pointed it out) some of the ROMs from the ROM subdomain were removed recently. It's even more painfully obvious then that he's just completely ignoring all of us here on the legitimate side of the site.

Twitter

Last edited by The 9th Sage; 07-25-2010 at 06:51 PM.
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #14
InVerse

Edman had nothing to do with the ROMs being removed, that was done by the host after someone CC:d them on an email providing Square-Enix with all of the necessary information for a DMCA takedown notice. (The scripts are apparently autogenerated based on the files in each directory, so there's no need to edit the HTML when a file is deleted.)

According to Edman, the co-owner refuses to do anything with the site because of the lack of income and Edman apparently isn't able to do much with his 50%. But at least he did renew the domain for 2 more years when I pointed out it was expiring next month.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:00 AM   #15
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Edman had nothing to do with the ROMs being removed, that was done by the host after someone CC:d them on an email providing Square-Enix with all of the necessary information for a DMCA takedown notice. (The scripts are apparently autogenerated based on the files in each directory, so there's no need to edit the HTML when a file is deleted.)

According to Edman, the co-owner refuses to do anything with the site because of the lack of income and Edman apparently isn't able to do much with his 50%. But at least he did renew the domain for 2 more years when I pointed out it was expiring next month.
Ah, figures...should have known it was the host. Well then, since you're talking to him, tell him to get in here. He's apparently ignoring every single one of us.

Twitter
Old 07-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #16
InVerse

I haven't talked to him for quite awhile but Reaper man knows where to get in touch with him.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #17
Burzy
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmocke View Post
I have the dim feeling that you´re a confirmed pessimist instead of a realist. Sure, this site is almost dead. But we have fresh updates nearly every two days and I doubt that 90% of the content is useless. Instead of making exorbitant conclusions give us some good ideas, Mr. Realism.
If you can find more than one non-dick post by TDH in a day or two, I'll donate the site 5 bucks...
Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #18
injection

i dont know but im new on the forums and i have a somewhat popular website and i could tell everyone on it to come over here. also, im going to be more actvie if possible
injection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzy View Post
If you can find more than one non-dick post by TDH in a day or two, I'll donate the site 5 bucks...
Here are the last three posts I had made before your own. You can pay up in the form of $5 of STFU.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #20
The 9th Sage

Quote:
I haven't talked to him for quite awhile but Reaper man knows where to get in touch with him.
Wouldn't be anything I've not tried already then. Ah well.

Twitter