Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 11-17-2009, 06:48 AM   #71
kgp4death

Hells yeah....Spoiler action, I feel like I have unlocked a new new power in a game or something.

Check out my game Bruce Campbell vs Ganon (trailer) It is a hack of "Zelda -A Link to the Past" with Ash of "Army of Darkness" as the main Character.....
kgp4death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #72
braincrackin

How to beat GuanDi in Ganon's Tower? Hitting back his Magic doesn't work anymore and using any other items not as well!
I'm suck there for a while now. Please help somebody!
braincrackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #73
kgp4death

yep you have the V1.0 copy of the game there was an issue with Guandi....You must get the V1.1 of the game just released yesterday actually. Just google "Bruce Campbell vs Ganon V1.1" with the quotes and you should be able to find a torrent for it.....I don't think it is post was accepted here yet. Yes so all you have to do is swap out the rom with the old rom (making sure you name the file the exact same thing and all the save states should work (though you have to go outside or up and down some stairs for the Rom to reload)

What did you think of the game? how was the story? and what would you rank it 1-10 (well assuming you didn't hit this bug - you might want to beat v1.1 before answering my questions)

PS - if you get stuck again there is an FAQ on my website listed below.

Check out my game Bruce Campbell vs Ganon (trailer) It is a hack of "Zelda -A Link to the Past" with Ash of "Army of Darkness" as the main Character.....
Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #74
braincrackin

I liked the game very much. There were like 2-3 times when I was stuck, but with logical thinking and a bit patience it was possible to get further in no time, even though some things like the flute and too many heart pieces confused me (I got all hearts and still it was possible to find parts of hearts yet...). I'd consider it to get more hard, cause the bosses are still too easy. Their difficulty should increase greatly. Guandi and all other bosses should need more hits to die and the area where you have to fight them should be "more gay" to fight in (adding spikes,holes or rolling ground in some boss' places would make it, if you get me). Besides that I had the feeling there were too many keys in some palaces ?^^ At least I had like 1 or so left when I found the boss sometimes. Dont know if I was missing something ^^
Also the bugged holes are annoying... id really like to play it without savestats. Hope you can fix that someday in future as well. Some places (in palaces;outside) were too empty in my opinion... should have more and tougher enemies like the mummy would good.

Ok, just downloaded it by torrent. Gonna play now... already feelin' a bit excited. Curious of some minor or major changes there

I'll be replying here soon again

Last edited by braincrackin; 11-17-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #75
kgp4death

yeah I think there is an extra key in two castles(unconfirmed)....and there are definitely more heart pieces then needed (I like that though - assures you are at full hearts for Ganon). I do not agree with the hardness increase, already removed sword 3 and 4 and tunic 3 that should have been enough. I do agree with you about the annoying-ness of the holes but a "game over" state is required there thanks to save states, if I ever change it the holes will take 20 hearts damage (ie kill you instantly)......Thanks for the comments, please rank 1-10 after you beat it.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #76
braincrackin

Too easy. For example... Guandi, the second last boss. with 20 hearts its IMOSSIBLE to lose there man. You've put a "laser" on each side of the room, but if you watch out a little they won't be hittin' you - not even once. Ganon is very easy as well. Only 4 silver arrows? Come on dude, lol. You can do it a little bit harder. I beated Ganon first try with only one Red drink. I didnt find the third shield nor the farie boomerang, but all in all a good hack. Hope you'll work on it yet and make it even better =)

Last edited by braincrackin; 11-18-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #77
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrackin View Post
... they won't be hittin' u - not even once.
You are violating rule 9 of the forums. Final warning. You saw what happened to the other guy.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #78
braincrackin

Yes, i have read the rules. Little mistake. Those can happen sometimes, even though i'm watching my "language" quite well here, still mistakes happen sometimes.... i'm no machine. Sorry
Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #79
kgp4death

I have gotten other people that said Ganon was pretty damn hard. I wasn't trying to make an insanely hard game (actually I feel many rom hacks are just too hard to a point where they are not enjoyable) I was trying to make a good game. Can you give me a ranking out of 10....(ie .5 for worst game ever through 10 for best game ever)

Last edited by kgp4death; 11-19-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #80
braincrackin

I'd say 9 out of 10 points. That last point wasn't reached because of the bugged holes. That could be different to other guys, but i prefer playing games without save state (except they are insanely hard). Besides that... the best Zelda hack I have ever played so far.
Your work was more than only worth it i'd say Really good job.