Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #11
McJockman

Google chrome runs quite fast on Windows 7.
It also has an editing 'inspection' element(addon) Integrated into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Potion View Post
I have it set to Metroid. So cool.
I cant find a Metroid theme anywhere!!

Can ya help a bro out?

McJockmanpro (AIM)

Home: www.JockmanIndustrial.webs.com
McJockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
Deadly-Dreamer-X

Since I am using an outdated PC, GC is the right web browser for me.

It lacks the GUI that of Opera and the extensions system(obviously more things)that's in FF, though. But that's the price you pay for better performance.
Deadly-Dreamer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
InVerse

Due to my absolute disgust with Mozilla these days, I'd really like to use Chrome but it's lacking the one feature that's forcing me to stick to Firefox right now. When I start to type in an address and the matching URLs drop down, if the one I want isn't the first one, I use the tab key to scroll down the list. Unfortunately, this only works in Firefox and Internet Explorer (and K-Meleon but that's not really a viable option.) It doesn't work in Chrome, Opera or Safari and it's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

I'm really hoping Internet Explorer 9 lives up to all of the hype so I can just drop Mozilla completely.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #14
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
Due to my absolute disgust with Mozilla these days, I'd really like to use Chrome but it's lacking the one feature that's forcing me to stick to Firefox right now. When I start to type in an address and the matching URLs drop down, if the one I want isn't the first one, I use the tab key to scroll down the list. Unfortunately, this only works in Firefox and Internet Explorer (and K-Meleon but that's not really a viable option.) It doesn't work in Chrome, Opera or Safari and it's pretty much a deal breaker for me.
Send a feature request for that then.

Also, what the bloody hell is wrong with Mozilla? At least it doesn't use apple tainted webkit.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Send a feature request for that then.

Also, what the bloody hell is wrong with Mozilla? At least it doesn't use apple tainted webkit.

Mozilla is showing more and more complete disregard for the users. The final straw for me was when they decided that Thunderbird users shouldn't be allowed to choose whether they want to use POP3 or IMAP. If IMAP is available on your server, you're forced to use it and can't change it. So if you move your domain to another host who doesn't offer IMAP, you're just fucked because it's impossible to change the account over to POP3. You have to create a new account. I solved that problem by doing away with Thunderbird and switching to Google Apps.

The other thing that I don't like about Chrome is that you can only disable images via command line. I make copious use of the ImgLikeOpera extension for Firefox which allows you to toggle between No Images, Cached Images, Local Images Only and All Images with the click of an icon. (Obviously, Opera has this built in, hence the name of the extension.) Maybe someone has created an addon for Chrome, I haven't checked in awhile, but it's a retarded design choice by Google. There are valid reasons for surfing with images disabled other than being stuck on dialup.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #16
Lillymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
Mozilla is showing more and more complete disregard for the users. The final straw for me was when they decided that Thunderbird users shouldn't be allowed to choose whether they want to use POP3 or IMAP. If IMAP is available on your server, you're forced to use it and can't change it. So if you move your domain to another host who doesn't offer IMAP, you're just fucked because it's impossible to change the account over to POP3. You have to create a new account. I solved that problem by doing away with Thunderbird and switching to Google Apps.
Huh. I never even noticed that. I switched both of my accounts from using POP3 to IMAP a while back and the switch from Thunderbird 2 to Thunderbird 3 simply ended up removing the option to go back. Not that I want to.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #17
mavdude73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Huh. I never even noticed that. I switched both of my accounts from using POP3 to IMAP a while back and the switch from Thunderbird 2 to Thunderbird 3 simply ended up removing the option to go back. Not that I want to.
Not had trouble with Thunderbird 5
mavdude73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #18
puduhead

Now i'm also using the latest Chrome w/ABP on a spare-PC I built using Ubuntu 11.04 (Unity disabled) and results are considerably faster than Firefox.

spec AMD 3200+ 2GB DDR3 GeForce 6600GT
Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #19
Lillymon

I was looking at Chrome recently (it does seem rather improved now) but then Firefox 5 came out and I found it suddenly seemed a hell of a lot faster than Firefox 4, so I'm sticking with Firefox.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #20
InVerse

I'm too lazy to set up stuff to use multiple profiles, so I run my "normal" stuff in Firefox 5 and my "professional" stuff in Chrome. They suck about equally, in my opinion.