Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 AM   #71
D--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
Go figure. Someone asks a question in a forum and next thing you know the beginnings of an argument start to rear their ugly heads. Good job, guys.

*shakes head and walks off*
D-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:41 AM   #72
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soushkin View Post
What ever your problem is, don't bother me with it.
Well since in this situation my problem is related to you, I think it goes without saying that I would bother you with it. Too bad.

Quote:
Don't try to attempt me to go into pointless discussions about stupid things with you,
How was anything I said pointless? Actually I made quite a few decent valid points that you just can't argue back.

Quote:
if you feel bored go play a game. What ever it is that you do,
Heh, funny you mention that... I was playing some Phoenix Wright 15 min ago or so.

Quote:
don't bother me with your childish provocations.
Oooh, that's quite a bold claim. Care to back that up?
Reaper man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:49 AM   #73
leilei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Oooh, that's quite a bold claim. Care to back that up?

He doesn't have to back that claim up when the obvious is presented. There's only one person escalating the drama. Dial up Sherlock Holmes and find out who!

Anyway:

LoopyNes.

OH NO THATS NOT ACCURATE well i'm using a 486 so eat it

Last edited by leilei; 07-12-2008 at 05:51 AM.
leilei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #74
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei View Post
He doesn't have to back that claim up when the obvious is presented. There's only one person escalating the drama. Dial up Sherlock Holmes and find out who!
*yawn* that question in a way was rhetorical, since I wasn't doing anything childish to begin with. The most I've even done was state that he was being stupid in sticking with that emulator to run a BAD dump for fuck sake, and guess what, it IS a stupid reason to be running an outdated emulator, especially when he could easily find a good, clean dump in a matter of minutes. He's so damn closed minded about the whole thing, if you would fuck it, it would bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei View Post
Anyway:

LoopyNes.

OH NO THATS NOT ACCURATE well i'm using a 486 so eat it
At least your reason is valid. Why you would be using a 486 is beyond me though. >.>
Reaper man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #75
Soushkin

I can use what I want, the way I want, when I want. That's called freedom, maybe you don't have that in your country.

In case you try to reply, don't bother. You've been added to the ignore list, people who got nothing useful to say go right there. Have a nice day.
If you can't see it and you can't touch it, it's gone!

Last edited by Soushkin; 07-12-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Soushkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #76
Gil-Galad

I still use Nesticle upon occassion, if you guys want to know. I don't stick to any one emulator. Compatibility is different between emulators, while some run a lot more games, even some of the more compatible emulators don't run a few games right. Emulation will probably never be perfect.

I'm a ROM hacker, so I use any emulator that has some type of tool. Also, I would use a particular emulator to run on low end machines. For example, Nester (Not the NN or J versions), because it's light weight and runs fast. When I don't want to take up the entire screen, such as Nesticle for example.

I probably use Nestopia least of all. I also use Nintendulator to test code as Nintendulator I think is more accurate as many of the information gathered was from actual hardware. Quietust and Kevin Horton would work for hours testing various things. Nestopia offers better compatibility because of the mappers it supports and the emulator is accurate in most areas as well. I think that there is a difference between accuracy and compatibility.

So I would use the following, for the following reasons.

Nesticle - Pattern table editor, some other viewers, NMI tracer and register dumper, memory dumper. GG support (cheating is a ROM hackers friend)

Nesten - Debugger, palette console, memory dumping, PPU dumping, cheating.

Nintendulator - Code accuracy, program flow logging, memory dumping, VRAM viewing. NSF player with error messages for NSFs with problems.

Nester NN and J versions - For support with devices.

VirtuaNES - Has a cool NSF player with a keyboard that plays as the NSF plays. This can help with picking out notes. VirtuaNES has also been updated quite a bit lately for the ton of dumps that's been coming out lately.

FCEU MOD - Debugger with a lot of functions, memory viewer, memory dumping, support for many mappers for new dumps.

FCEUXD(and others in this line) - Debugger, Hex editor, data logger, VRAM viewer, etc. Really is a great debugging tool. FCEUD was the original debugger by Parasyte.

Nester - Great for running on a lot of low end systems and it's fast. Doesn't support too many mappers though.

Unofficial Nintendulator - In addition to what is already supported, a debugger with a lot of functions. Some functions that the others do not have.

Nestopia - Supports a lot of mappers and many games without too many problems. Great compatibility.

There are more, just can't think of them at the moment. My main point is to not stick to any one single emulator. I don't.

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 07-12-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #77
Umiliphus

I like Vortendo because its name is funny.
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:09 AM   #78
ThatSandersKid

There's people starving to death, mass genocide, and theocracy that steps all over basic human rights.

And you're fighting about Nintendo emulators.

...WTF, mate?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #79
roxahris

On the topic's subject, I generally use NNNesterJ, and occasionally FCEU (the movie version).
roxahris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #80
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSandersKid View Post
There's people starving to death, mass genocide, and theocracy that steps all over basic human rights.

And you're fighting about Nintendo emulators.

...WTF, mate?

Not any more, he isn't.

Click here to level up my card!

Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote