Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 08-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
shawn

Default Online dating

I just filled out a profile the other day at this online dating site and I haven't gotten any real attention from any women yet. Well even though it you're not supposed to get to nasty I figured I was being to subtle with my original posting since these women have many men to choose from and I needed to stand out to meet anyone. BTW I'm only looking for long term relationships and I made that very clear from the start.

I just wanted to know if what I posted is to much or maybe just what I needed to stand out from the crowd?

Well my ex said I was extremely good at something Gene Simmons is known for and though I don't have his exceptional natural advantage I do make up for it with enthusiasm and imagination. Anyone got a towel? Did that get your attention?
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
InVerse

Well, I pretty much already knew what the response would be, but I had 3 different female friends look at your post and they all said there was no way in hell they'd respond to a profile that contained that.

As a general rule, women looking for long term relationships have a list of motivators in choosing a mate and sex is several spots below the top.

By making an effort to stand out, you're sending out the signal that there's nothing special about you, so you have to attempt to bring attention upon yourself.

Also, NEVER mention anything about any "ex" on a dating profile or during initial conversation.

And, finally, women on dating sites are being contacted by dozens, if not hundreds of men. Very few of them need to put any effort into looking, so if you're just creating a profile and expecting the women to contact you, you're going to be sitting there for awhile.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
shawn

OK, then I guess I'll change that now. Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
puduhead

don't feel bad Shawn. online dating sites are dumb. best thing to do is meet a woman in RL. easier to be natural and let her know what a nice guy you are rather than try to front on those sites.

i know its hard, i shouldn't even have a gf cuz i'm such an unstable asshole. if this time didn't work out, i was resolved to go solo.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by puduhead View Post
don't feel bad Shawn. online dating sites are dumb. best thing to do is meet a woman in RL. easier to be natural and let her know what a nice guy you are rather than try to front on those sites.

i know its hard, i shouldn't even have a gf cuz i'm such an unstable asshole. if this time didn't work out, i was resolved to go solo.

Well in my town the the word Ghetto is starting to be used to describe it since most of the single women in my area are on welfare and won't get a job, have a bunch of kids from multiple fathers and never married, or are a walking one night stand but they never tell you that. Mind you this is a small city in New Hampshire that seems more like the outskirts of Lowell "nasty" Massachusetts.

I hope this woman writes me back though. She lives about 30 miles away and is a nurse and though 7 years older I think she's cute and seems pretty normal without kids in the house.

Women in my town aren't into the nice guy for the most part or at least the ones my age that are single aren't. They're more into sex and partying and finding a guy that lets them not work and get really fat not doing anything, at least the ones I've noticed. I once asked a woman who worked down the store down the street where all the decent single women were and she laughed and said "you're in Laconia, good luck with that".
Old 08-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
Well, I pretty much already knew what the response would be, but I had 3 different female friends look at your post and they all said there was no way in hell they'd respond to a profile that contained that.

As a general rule, women looking for long term relationships have a list of motivators in choosing a mate and sex is several spots below the top.

By making an effort to stand out, you're sending out the signal that there's nothing special about you, so you have to attempt to bring attention upon yourself.

Also, NEVER mention anything about any "ex" on a dating profile or during initial conversation.

And, finally, women on dating sites are being contacted by dozens, if not hundreds of men. Very few of them need to put any effort into looking, so if you're just creating a profile and expecting the women to contact you, you're going to be sitting there for awhile.

Well got rid of all the EX stuff and sex stuff. I also got rid of a lot of the negative stuff or stuff that could be taken the wrong way. Thanks and tell those ladies thank you for the advice.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post

oooh ooh, what about my profile?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
oooh ooh, what about my profile?
I just have to ask if you're serious? I mean, I know you, and expected exactly what was in your profile, but I dunno if women 'coming in off of the street' (so to speak) would find it all that amusing. :P Well no, I shouldn't say that maybe...I've known some women that have great senses of humor, it's just easier to get that kind of humor if you know the person FIRST.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #9
Reaper man

well, yes that is my "serious" profile, but you must also remember that I'm not the serious of a person in general. If women don't like my sense of humor, fuck 'em.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #10
shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
I just have to ask if you're serious? I mean, I know you, and expected exactly what was in your profile, but I dunno if women 'coming in off of the street' (so to speak) would find it all that amusing. :P Well no, I shouldn't say that maybe...I've known some women that have great senses of humor, it's just easier to get that kind of humor if you know the person FIRST.
Actually women his age in his area would love his profile. I'm pretty sure Brad also would be OK with a short or medium length relationship as long as the sex was really good but I can't blame him since I would also at his age so his profile is probably right on track.

I couldn't use that profile though since I am looking for long term "though great sex is definitely a huge plus" but the women in my age bracket are a little more laid back and are usually not looking for a mostly sexual relationship which is why I usually end up with women much younger than me which funny as this may seem I still have a higher sex drive than women half my age. Sometimes I think I just need to get rich and have some 18 year old nympho move in with me and just bang her till it kills me.