Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
gyaretsuto

Default gamecube emulation

is gc emulation even possible? i have the emulator "dolphin" and i tried to work one game, it didn't work. hwever i am currently working on trying another game. any info would be nice.
gyaretsuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
The 9th Sage

It is possible, but I haven't tried it myself. Dolphin seems to be the one to use, make sure you use an up-to-date version.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
ThatSandersKid

Emulation of last generation's consoles isn't particularly near complete as of yet. Because of the necessary computer speed needed to do so, I'd say that if you total it together, there's a decent chance that using a modchip and backups on official hardware will probably be loads easier and cheaper than emulation for some time.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
The 9th Sage

No doubt, it IS possible though, and progressing pretty steadily (that goes for PS2 as well as Gamecube emulation).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:32 AM   #5
toasterhed

They have a bi-weekly SVN download on their site and also I have heard the best thing to do (if you have a 64-bit OS that is) is to use the one created for 64-bit OSes. Looks to be faster anyways. The guy who was running it had a beast of a system though. Something just insane. So you'll still need something beefy to get it going good. I only have really seen one or two people run it smoothly. That is to say that the videos they made weren't edited to make them sped up.

This guy had like a $1,000+ processor, 64-bit Windows and like... 4-6GB of RAM or some such. I wish I had his specs. (sorry for the lack of a link, I dunno where I put it) I'd just keep checking their SVN releases. I'm going to test the one for 32-bit now out on my system. I'll let you know how that works out.

So far, I've gotten more results with PS2 emulation than gamecube. It looks like they are working hard on it though. (in fact I can play quite a few games on PCSX2)

I did however manage to play some of Mario Sunshine very slowly. Like 15FPS. But I'm going to keep trying. I also managed to play a bit of Twilight Princess and for a bit in ran okay. But I kept having GFX errors, missing sprites, and artifacts were all over the place. On a lighter note, it has come a long way from what it was.

Make sure to grab an update! Always helps. ^_^

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote