Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #11
sukhiextreme

Default ds emulation

ds emulator runs good as the real machine, you don't need powerful system to emulate ds, here are the specs you need to run ds emulation:

processor 1.5ghz
graphics card, any card will do whicg supports direct 3d with direct x support ram 256.
sukhiextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhiextreme View Post
ds emulator runs good as the real machine,
psssh, NO emulator runs as good as the original hardware. Some are VERY close (See NES and SNES emulation), but none are 100% accurate, ESPECIALLY the DS.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #13
The 9th Sage

Yeah, but DS emulation is surprisingly good actually. I'm surprised by how well emulators such as No$GBA work with DS games (it probably helps that some of what the DS can do is similar hardware wise to what the GBA can do).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
toasterhed

Honestly, as far as Zelda Phantom Hourglass goes you want to go into the emulation setup and select the NDS Cartridge Backup Media as FLASH 256K Bytes.

Each game will use a different kind of backup media.

Also for Zelda you want to set the 3D Renderer to opengl. I have a decent system and sometimes I don't get the best speeds at the beginning. I do however get good speeds in game. The title screen and opening are choppy... at any rate you may have to play around with the settings.

I simply wish I could give you a list... but I am not sure there is one honestly.

One other note, some games are hard to play with your mouse.

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
The 9th Sage

Ah. Also, if you're using No$GBA, make sure you are using the No$ renderer. It's pretty much always faster and generally better than the other renderer in that emulator.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:01 AM   #16
sukhiextreme

Default emulators are fine

I have a umpc emulators run fine on it.
Emulators run good as real machine look below:

1)Megadrive,Megadrive 32x,Mega cd,Game gear,Master system
2)Mame
3)Final burn alpha
4)Neo geo pocket color,Neo geo (arcade & home versions)
5)Cps 1,2
6)Game boy color,Game boy advance,Super nintendo,Nintendo 64
7)Sony psx
8)Cps3
9)Sega model 2

These 9 emulators run amazingly well on my umpc and it can run many pc games such as Crazy taxi,Chaos legion & Sonic adventure dx director's cut.
Ds is pretty good on pc,it runs nearly all the ds games full speed with sound, emulators like saturn,dreamcast,jaguar,3do,gamecube, you need powerful system to run,higher the spec more better emulators will run
sukhiextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #17
Burzy
Awesome Member

I found the no$gba to run smoothly, yet at the time of its development, the rendering was rather choppy (occasional durations of seeing the polygons/lines in the avatars). Also the music sounded like it was cutting in and out (but at a VERY fast rate).

I'm not quite familiar with newer DS emulators, and as such may have had it configured improperly, as I too was able to run ps emulators like psxfin flawlessly so my system can handle it.
Burzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #18
Sliver-X

The newest version of DeSmuMe surprised me with how far its come since I last tried it. Games like Order of Ecclesia that have slowdown issues in certain parts under No$GBA run fine under it.

However, I have a Core i7 920 @ 3.2GHz, so your mileage may vary on how well it performs for you.

Last edited by Sliver-X; 09-25-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Sliver-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #19
nosound.97

DS emulation is really advanced now, the best out here could be DeSmuME, iDeaS is pretty good also, since it emulates both DS and GBA and has updates more often than NO$GBA, but sound emulation is really bad, everything is choppy and cracky, but compatibility is pretty high
Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 AM   #20
jdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
psssh, NO emulator runs as good as the original hardware. Some are VERY close (See NES and SNES emulation), but none are 100% accurate, ESPECIALLY the DS.
Yeah, but thanks to certain features (notably the ability to speed up gameplay and savestates) I often prefer emulation to the real thing. Although, given how disappointed I was by the SNES emulation on my DS, I kinda wish I'd learned how to build my own emulator, way back when. How come ZSNES seems to get layering right, but SNEmulDS doesn't? I feel like I should just know that, instead of being sad and confused.
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote