Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
PDHorror

Default Neoragex question.

I've used NeorageX before, but not on my current PC. However, when I try to run it now, I just get a black screen. I had everything on 4 CDRs and after I put everything pack onto the new computer NRX would not work. I figured that since everything on a CDR is set to READ ONLY, that maybe the emu couldn't access the files it needed, so I changed everything back, but still no luck. Any ideas?
PDHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Lillymon

Yes, get updated ROMs and use MAME instead. NeoRAGEx is so archaeologically old by now that I refuse to support it in any way. MAME supports all dumped NeoGeo games by now and runs them fine on any halfway-decent PC anyway, so it's not like you'd be losing anything.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Bacat

Does MAME support video capture of Rage ROMs? If not, do you know of anything that does?
Bacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
toasterhed

Default KB MAME 32

Wasn't there also a version that ran Samurai Showdown 5 and 5 special, as well as some KoF game(s) that were previously unsupported? I think it was it KB MAME 32. I like using MAME to emulate things anyhow. KB MAME 32 ran Samurai Showdown 5 and the special version great. And I am pretty sure I've played the other Neo-Geo games on MAME too, but it's been a while. Plus being all to play all the other games it offers is a nice feature.

I have both though, just in case.

I haven't played with MAME in a while I'll have to do that. = )

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
gonzo90017

Try updating zlib.dll for a more recent one. It should be located in the same folder as neoragex. If that doesn't work you can download a [URL="http://emu-france.com/?page=fichiers&idFile=1883"]newer[/URL] version that works under xp.
gonzo90017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:38 AM   #6
Lillymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasterhed View Post
Wasn't there also a version that ran Samurai Showdown 5 and 5 special, as well as some KoF game(s) that were previously unsupported?
Operative word being 'previously'. I've got a perfectly standard build of SDLMAME 0.128 here, and it plays both of those games with no problems. If you like fighters, it also plays KOF94-2003, Hyper Street Fighter II - The Anniversary Edition, and all three Street Fighter III games. Only those with truly sub-ghetto PCs have any excuse for using NeoRAGEx now. A standard buld of MAME supports all the games it does, and plays them better.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
toasterhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Operative word being 'previously'. I've got a perfectly standard build of SDLMAME 0.128 here, and it plays both of those games with no problems. If you like fighters, it also plays KOF94-2003, Hyper Street Fighter II - The Anniversary Edition, and all three Street Fighter III games. Only those with truly sub-ghetto PCs have any excuse for using NeoRAGEx now. A standard buld of MAME supports all the games it does, and plays them better.
LOL, I love your use of the term sub-ghetto. I'll have to make note of that.

I haven't got a new build of MAME is so long... but then I've been playing with other things too. Thanks for the tip I'll have to check out the newer version.

That also keeps me from needing more than one version of MAME. Thus keeping my emus just a little more organized.

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote