Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
Ack

Default Sega CD translations.

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys might know a good place to locate Sega CD titles. More specifically, I'm interested in finding out about translations for Japanese-only RPGs on the Sega CD. You know, titles like Record of Lodoss War, Shadowrun, After Armageddon Gaiden...that kind of thing. I've tried searching, but I couldn't find anything, and frankly my limited knowledge about translation patches really doesn't help me much. Beyond the usual places I look for ROMs, I'm at a loss. If any of you know anything and would be so kind as to help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
The 9th Sage

I'm assuming you mean 'translations of titles' and not the games themselves, since asking for the games here is against the rules (hint hint). At any rate, I have never heard of any Sega CD translations actually, which now that I realize I've never heard of any it sort of suprises me.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
Ack

Ah, I don't mean where could I find copies, I just mean do they exist? I'm working to compile a list of Sega CD RPGs, and one of the things I was interested in including was if anybody had ever translated them. Even if it's not actually built into the game, but a separate file that tells the reader what the menus mean, like what was done with the Sega CD version of Shadowrun.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
The 9th Sage

Well, that's what I mean. As far as I know, I haven't seen ANY SegaCD translations. Someone else might know of something though.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
Ack

Oh well, thank you anyway for your help.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
snesmaster40

I just checked romhacking.net and there isn't any Sega CD translations in any language. I do know that there is some interest in the Shadowrun game, but there's some compression which is blocking that project.
snesmaster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
InVerse

There were some "starter packs" made a guy who's name escapes me, but all they included was some initial hacking. I know one of these were for Shadowrun, but no major progress has been made on that or any other Sega CD game as of yet.

Personally, I'd love to see translations of Shadowrun and Annet Futatabi (Annet Again, the sequel to El Viento for the Genesis, one of my all time favourite games.) but there isn't much documentation regarding Sega CD hacking and the people with the necessary skills aren't terribly interested in the system. I play with them from time to time but don't have the necessary time and motivation to see a project through anymore.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote