Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 08-29-2005, 07:08 AM   #1
Kuikorosu

Default Time for work tomorrow!

Or today for all you late sleepers.

To deal with stupid coworkers and stupid customers. To deal with shitty computer problems that anyone with half of their brain mass still intact after reruns of prime-time televisions shows could fix. "Fix my font in outlook!" Oh man.

Were human beings meant to spend 80% of their lives doing meaningless, trivial tasks? Isn't it a mockery of the gift that we've been given? Have we effectively damned ourselves, and a couple of hundred years from now, people will look back and say, "What a terrible waste?"

Yet we benefit from our labors, in ways. We serve the people who create the things that we need to survive nowadays. We would lack warmth, and comfort, medicine and shelter, and these things are worth sacrificing our freedom for, since if we did not have these structures in place, we would still be working, but much harder.

But would it be honest work, the type that fills us with pride, and not the weary, miserable monotony of modern work? Have we sacrificed the true meaning of life for our longevity? Is this why people, angry, lash out, barely contained within polite mannerisms and social ritual? Tune in next week on Sunday Night: Dark Teatime of the Soul.
Kuikorosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:10 AM   #2
king killa

Default Re: Time for work tomorrow!

I'm going back to school tomorrow. Or in two days for you early sleepers.

pretty much the same shit as at work.
king killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Ugly Joe

> Were human beings meant to spend 80% of their lives doing
> meaningless, trivial tasks? Isn't it a mockery of the gift
> that we've been given? Have we effectively damned
> ourselves, and a couple of hundred years from now, people
> will look back and say, "What a terrible waste?"

Or...are you just lazy and looking for an excuse not to work?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:03 AM   #4
Kuikorosu

> Or...are you just lazy and looking for an excuse not to
> work?

That too. And I hate my job and the people I work around, which is ironic because I work in IT.

These people work around computers all day, and hate computers. It makes for an indescribably frusturating scenario. One fat lady is a chicken farmer. Another is a crack whore. There's an evangelist christian dude there. Two others are just assholes. The rest of them aren't worth remembering, because all they do is grunt in recognition of me.

I imagined working around a bunch of geeks with the same interests at me when I took up the job. Man was I completely wrong. This job makes me want to run away screaming from college and computers as a career. I'm glad this is only a temporary assignment, I'd go fucking insane working around these pricks full time.
Kuikorosu is offline   Reply With Quote