Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #21
Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Yeah, as much as I love Zelda, the last few haven't been very hard at all. Actually though, most Zelda games aren't that hard to me. A little more difficulty would be nice.
Nice for you ;-) But think about how it all started? I was around 12 years old when I played Zelda the first time. At that age you want quests you can solve without studying. Perhaps the older we get the more complex or thrilling the games should be. There is no way to make it right for all people. But as long as Zelda is fun to play it doesn't matter too much.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #22
FleshCage

I thought Majora's Mask was hard, with the whole finding all the masks thing. I beat it the first time without looking anything up, and I got all the masks. Shit was hard. As far as the others go, from the N64, and on, they weren't that hard. Wind Waker was a pain in the ass though, I still haven't beaten it. I would have by now if some crazy bitch didn't throw away my Wii, and my memory cards, and controllers. Yeah. Fucking cunt. I was moving, and my Wii was in a grocery bag. No one was supposed to go in my room, but my friend's aunt had to move in, and they moved all my stuff. The bitch threw it away cause someone left it in there and she mistook it for trash. Oooh.... I wanted to kick her ass, only cause she couldn't admit it. I hate people like that.
FleshCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #23
Lillymon

Ugh, bumping after three months? Naughty boy! I don't really want to lock this topic though. Has there been any further news about this new Zelda game? I've not been keeping up at all personally.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Ugh, bumping after three months? Naughty boy! I don't really want to lock this topic though. Has there been any further news about this new Zelda game? I've not been keeping up at all personally.
There hasn't yet. I hear rumors a trailer might be seen relatively soon though (as in a month or two). Would be nice if that panned out.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #25
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Naughty boy!
Boy? ;p
Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #26
Burzy
Awesome Member

I cannot recall the particular source. But I recently read an article which discussed nintendo's plans for the new zelda games, in regard to difficulty.

Apparently, they plan on implementing a feature which allows users to 'hit a button when they have reached a part of the game which has them stumped.. players can then hit this button , and the game will "play itself" until the player hits the button again, thus resuming normal play.'

This is a fairly controversial concept , considering some die-hards dislike the idea of players 'not earning their stripes' , whereas others may see this idea as worth-while (how many of you become painstakingly irritated at challenges like in Wind-Waker, jumping from lampshade to lampshade to get to the door on the other end, and thus getting the Bombs for the first time in game? Some people hated this enough to like this idea).
The oldschool gamer in me (been playing zelda games since i was 9, 20 years ago :S) dislikes the idea, but the rational part of me sees no harm in it, because it reflects a personal choice, and as such, saves you from going on the internet to get the answer.

Other games will soon follow in this stead, if implemented and well-received.

What do you guys think?
Burzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #27
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzy View Post

What do you guys think?
I don't think I could get myself personally to use it, but if it's optional, why not? I don't understand why people are upset. It's not like YOU are going to be forced to use it, it's just there for those that would want such a thing.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
Burzy
Awesome Member

Yeah I agree, if anything it would only make the franchise more successful(hard to believe, as the game is huge already hehe). Some people just 'cannot get into Zelda', for reasons like this. Hopefully this could bring in a new generation of players (So that when I have kids of my own I can lol at them for failing at the zelda games that exist then! lol)
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #29
shawn

I actually like the idea. Suppose you pay$40 or whatever for a Zelda game and you just haven't got the dexterity to do one single thing rather near the beginning of the game. You know what you need to do but just can't quite do it. Now if I was the buyer or the parent of a child and this one thing made the game impossible to progress from that point I would be really pissed off. I would feel cheated buying a game of a series I can usually figure out but they made one part really tough for anyone.

This idea in my opinion is a great public relations feature to me. Heck there were a couple area's in MM that I couldn't move fast enough and do corners at the same time and it drove me nuts since it wasn't fighting and it wasn't riddles, it was just some stupid timer that gave way to little time to run from one spot to another. I do though admit to bias in cases like this because I hate timers in games altogether. Having one in Zelda made MM the first Zelda game I wanted to shove right up Nintendo's ass. I wanted to ask them why change such a great game with timed play when playing Zelda for over a 100 hrs was the one thing I loved about the game. To be rushed and not be able to savor the game was like sacrilege to me.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #30
Burzy
Awesome Member

I found a link for one of the articles I was talking about earlier.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit.../06/67677679/1