Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzy View Post
"ACTA would establish a new international legal framework that countries can join on a voluntary basis"

-Ministry of Economic Development of New Zealand (2008). "On Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement".
And you're actually going to believe a quote from a politician, never mind that it's two years old and doesn't mesh with the information that has come out since then.

Being from Canada, I'd think you'd be a bit more wary about such things seeing as how American companies just wrote your new copyright act that's on the fast track to becoming law.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:26 AM   #12
Burzy
Awesome Member
 
Burzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada eh
Posts: 211
Default

you are so sad to take that so personally. And you think i give a shit about this act? I pay for my cd and movies because i collect them. This treaty has no bearing on me. Therefore I only felt the effort to type in "Acta" in google, and posted the first quote i found :P

Choke on a bag of it please You must go to pubs and crawl up to women saying "hey baby... You've heard of me right? I'm the drunken hacker form ZD! No? Well... *leans in for a whisper* I'm kind of a big deal "

please..get over yourself. lol
__________________
Burzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:08 AM   #13
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

You clearly have no understanding as to what's being put into place. You do realize that under ACTA, Zophar's Domain would be declared illegal, right? Emulators are blatantly illegal under ACTA. Hell, in the Netherlands it's now considered an act of piracy to mention that a copyrighted file is available for download at another location. It was ruled that saying "Such-and-such-movie is available on such-and-such-usenet-group." is illegal. It's all well and good to say that that isn't going to happen outside of the Netherlands but similar things have already happened in the US, such as the ruling that it was illegal to link to a site that offered the DeCSS software.

And where in my post was there any indication whatsoever that I was taking your post "personally"? You seem to be suffering from whatever disorder it is that causes shawn to respond to things that were never said in the first place.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #14
pipes
Senior Member
 
pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,883
Default

Freedoms taken away
and not caring
is not good.
__________________
The pipes never clangor.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
Burzy
Awesome Member
 
Burzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada eh
Posts: 211
Default

ah well if ZD is closed I'll miss everyone but you InvArse
so let the good times roll!
__________________
Burzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
The 9th Sage
Senior Member
 
The 9th Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY State in the US
Posts: 17,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
You clearly have no understanding as to what's being put into place. You do realize that under ACTA, Zophar's Domain would be declared illegal, right? Emulators are blatantly illegal under ACTA. Hell, in the Netherlands it's now considered an act of piracy to mention that a copyrighted file is available for download at another location. It was ruled that saying "Such-and-such-movie is available on such-and-such-usenet-group." is illegal. It's all well and good to say that that isn't going to happen outside of the Netherlands but similar things have already happened in the US, such as the ruling that it was illegal to link to a site that offered the DeCSS software.

And where in my post was there any indication whatsoever that I was taking your post "personally"? You seem to be suffering from whatever disorder it is that causes shawn to respond to things that were never said in the first place.
I may not agree with everything you say, but this is one subject on which I can agree wholeheartedly. Things like ACTA definitely are serious business that should worry us all.
__________________
Just can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.
---
http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #17
Haoie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 123
Default

Boy I'm behind the times.

I've still never seen a 3D film. And nope, didn't see Avatar either.

Oh well.
__________________
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Haoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 AM   #18
pipes
Senior Member
 
pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
Boy I'm behind the times.

I've still never seen a 3D film. And nope, didn't see Avatar either.

Oh well.
Neither have I
__________________
The pipes never clangor.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #19
Goku
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,645
Default

Come on, it is not all bad:
Porn, now in 3D!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1674105/
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #20
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Come on, it is not all bad:
Porn, now in 3D!
But porn has been in 3D since the '90s...
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.