Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 01-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
FrostyMolotov

Default I Would Like To Create An N64 Emulator (Need Crew)

Hey guys, Frosty here and I would like to state that I want to create an emulator for N64 gaming, but the problem is that I need a crew who is experienced and determined in creating an emulator that will be updated weekly and will grow popular among many of the N64 Emulator gamers.

I will need at least 4 members who know how to make plugins for graphics, audio, controller, and signal processors... I would also like a person who could create an entire online server in itself so that people will be able to play their favorite N64 games with their friends. I want to make an emulator that could be as popular as Project 64k or even more popular.

I don't know very much in the way of plugin and emulator creation, but I am ALWAYS willing to learn. so please if you know anything about these types of things, educate me for I want to make an epic Nintendo 64 emulator that all games will have perfect compatibility on without any video, audio, or controller plugin errors what-so-ever.
FrostyMolotov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyMolotov View Post
Hey guys, Frosty here and I would like to state that I want to have someone create an emulator for me with unrealistic expectations.
FTFY.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
InVerse

To accomplish your goal, all you need to do is ensure that everyone who uses your emulator has the exact same computer. Also, you might want to purchase Nintendo and have them code your emulator for you. If you do both of these, you *might* come close to reaching your goal.

On the other hand, you might consider than NES emulation has been around for far longer than N64 emulation and it's still not perfect, so the likelihood of anyone accomplishing anything close to perfect N64 emulation is only slightly less than the likelihood of bio-engineering a person in such a manner that you can shove an N64 cartridge up their ass and allow them to play it telepathically.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
hcs

If your aim is error-free emulation, you might want to get behind the MESS project (mess.org), which has an RDP emulator in development that is on its way to being pixel-accurate. It still has far less compatibility than the more popular N64 emulators, but as it has the goal of hack-free low-level emulation, it at least has the possibility to be perfect. Some day.

Of course it isn't going to run at playable speeds on current hardware, even incomplete as it is.

The question to ask yourself is what is it about current emulators that isn't suiting your needs, and would it be easier to work on improving them than starting from scratch?
hcs is offline   Reply With Quote