Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 11-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
kalemvar

Smile .gbs (gameboy music) to .wav

I'm trying to convert some .gbs files to .wav.

I found many plugins for Winamp and Foobar2000 in the hope to split each tracks and I succeed BUT there's still a problem :

with winamp each track has the same lenght, 5:06 min and
with foobar 2000 each track has the same lenght of 3:00 min

Is there a way to be able to extract each tracks with there ORIGINAL Lenght ? like it is possible with .nsf, .sfc formats ?

Thanks

kalemvar
kalemvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Lenophis

There's no such thing as "original length" when it comes to sequence data. The music plays until it is told to stop. NSF and SPC tell the song to stop by applying a fade out.

If you want a fade out, apply it with some kind of sample editor (Audacity might be able to, I know SoundForge does).
Old 11-26-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Iconoclast

Haven't looked at SoundForge; Audacity I know supports this well.

I use Wavosaur and zoom in on the samples with a magnification on the sample display to distinguish from absolute silence; with certain N64 songs (while few, of course) absolute silence is between each loop of an infinitely looping song.

So I either trim the silence off both ends of the infinitely looping sequence for the "original length" (a confusing term which instead I will arbitrarily use in reference to the length in non-silent samples of one complete loop of a sequence) and set Winamp to play it with loop, or I'll just cut the number of samples down to an exact number of minutes (like 1:00 to 5:00 if possible), then doing 10 * (samples per second frequency) and select that many samples at the end of the WAV to apply one of various fade-out algorithms.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalemvar View Post
I found many plugins for Winamp and Foobar2000 in the hope to split each tracks and I succeed

kalemvar
I have yet to find a Winamp plugin that splits tracks for .gbs files. Any recommendations?
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote