Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Emulation News

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
Rune @ GSC

For those who wish for a quick summary of this long thread:

LB - chronic liar. Do not trust this man!
Rune - I have lied less than 30 times in my whole life. People love me in-person because I am brutally honest and truthful. I strongly dislike people who lie. I also feel that honesty truly is the best policy. I am not seeing honesty being represented here by Lazy Bastard.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
Viper187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC View Post

GSCentral.com/.org has always been under my management -- Stinky613 and Crocc were both backbone administrative staff and never guided the website from a content point of view.
What about the ~2 years you disappeared? Who was running it then? Oh yeah, ME. Stinky owned it on paper, Crocc was mainly the Perl guru, and neither of them had time to do much. You and Jim Reinhart may have started GSCentral, but the only thing you ever contributed was stolen codes (mostly from CMGSCCC) and chaos. You always stirred up shit with macrox. You started screwing with things and posting incoherent nonsense when anyone questioned you.

Quote:

Not true. Many staff members of GSCentral discovered that many codes were being "re-hacked" or otherwise stolen from the GSC DB and were alarmed that Gamehacking.org did not care and respect the code creators from previous generations. That's what caused a few of the GSCers to start flaming and causing problems at GH. When it was clear that GH/GSHI was not going to give improper credit to the code hackers in the scene, we continued to give proper code credit to the right hackers because it was the right thing to do. This is something I find you consistantly do not understand... ethics 101.
You mean like you reposting my codes under someone else's name after Crocc removed them? I still remember some jackoff arguing that "rehacking" them was legit.

Quote:
Nensondubois worked with ugetab but has repeatedly complained over the years that ugetab stole all of the credit for their collaboration. That is why he has refused for years (4?) to post any codes at GH or even visit your website. Is that the sign of someone who is decent and moral? It reflects poorly on your organization for sure.
For the record. Myself and macrox worked with ugetab in the past and he was a brilliant hacker. Nenso-nonsense would seem to be full of shit.

Quote:
The "falling out" was due to the fact that Parasyte had always wanted his own hacking website. Those website members had (and still have) numerous
lifestyle issues and that is why they expressed their dissatisfaction on the boards and directed them at GSCentral instead of making a change. Viper187 lived at home with his parents well into his 20's, not working or even attending school. Parasyte was likely unemployed at the time and heavily in debt.

Most of those members were also in the rebellious teenage years and GSCentral had been functioning smoothly up until the last year before the "falling-out". At the time I had not been guiding the website and the website was so chaotic that members were leaving because of Parasyte/Viper187/Modman's, etc. wild and reckless behaviour. You wouldn't know any of this because you were not there at the time.

Actually, no, this is not necessarily true. Most of the former hackers everywhere have left the scene, mostly out of disgust at the drama that has arisen. Some left because they felt the scene was on the verge of dying, which is another good reason. Some former GSCentral staff went to Kodewerx, which failed within a year, and simply signed up to GH and have lain dormant for years. They barely even log onto their accounts. Anyone can tell. They have clearly outgrown the scene.
The "falling out" was due to the fact you arbitrarily took down the code DB for months for no reason while your retarded brother wrote those garbage scripts to convert it to SQL and failed miserably. Even after it was up, I don't think you had the ability to update the site for months. You just kept updating the old files or something and claiming you were updating despite the fact nothing that people could see actually changed.

Quote:
It would be a enormous stretch of the imagination to claim that they have been active in the last decade. A handful of posts in 3 years does not really count.
So creaitng software to hack PS2 when none ever existed isn't active? I actually kept updating Renegade to work with that one NDS emulator too, mostly for macrox' sake.

Quote:
But it never did and never will belong to them. It was never their work per se that got the codes online, formatted, and put into the GSCentral db, etc. The database was illegally stolen from our servers and leaked without the permission of GSCentral. It was never proven that any former GSCentral members hacked into the db and that it was likely an act of a third party who had no concrete knowledge of what was going on from the inside (much like yourself).

Since 2007, the GSCentral database is now easily the most definitive code db in the entire world, surpassing any other on the Internet today. It would be an enormous mistake to go anywhere else for codes!
The codes aren't your personal property. That's why all the talent left GSC.org. I poured 100s, maybe 1000s of hours into adding codes to that DB when it was on gscentral.com. I made over 100,000 codes myself, not to mention all the hours I put in adding other peoples' codes, and making software to copy CMGSCCC's codes with proper credit.

Quote:
Nonsense again. The codes have been altered and proper code credit has not been achieved. Your work on the db is a gross insult to all who have submitted codes to it.

Actually, wrong once again. The code database at GSCentral.org is fine and the many errors created from the time that it was hosted at GSCentral.com under the moderators/Stinky613/Crocc's supervision I have personally fixed myself. The proper code credit is 100% intact.

Yet both of those databases are missing quite literally hundreds of thousands of codes because you simply stole them from the ancient GSCentral (2007) database.

Except you stripped thousands of codes of proper code credit and are missing many, many games that GSCentral.org has added since 2007.
The only reason anything is missing or screwed up from that copy of the DB is because your brother couldn't write a decent import script. We knew the DB and what to expect, and we could've helped get it converted right, but you didn't trust anyone. Who exactly made all these errors in the original DB? I paid more attention to proper format than you did.

Quote:
Of course, contact these individuals that Lazy Bastard knows are biased and most of them were not even on the administrative team at the time that the 'falling out' occurred and half have never been incredibly active at GSCentral.com while the website was even up!
Never been incredibly active? See my 100,000 codes and numerous software hacking tools.

Quote:
The GSCentral (2007) db is the crux of your site because it was the hard work on many, many people contributing to GSCentral. The codes were mostly added by myself.
REALLY. How many of those did you add without my software to format and copy them 10x easier? The DB was my hard work as much as yours. None of the people who supported GSC.com cared to stick around at GSC.org. Could it be something to do with the management? Oh, isn't that part of the reason GSC.com died to begin with? YOU couldn't get along with anyone, and I seem to remember you getting banned from your own community.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
Rune @ GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
What about the ~2 years you disappeared? Who was running it then? Oh yeah, ME. Stinky owned it on paper, Crocc was mainly the Perl guru, and neither of them had time to do much. You and Jim Reinhart may have started GSCentral, but the only thing you ever contributed was stolen codes (mostly from CMGSCCC) and chaos. You always stirred up shit with macrox. You started screwing with things and posting incoherent nonsense when anyone questioned you.
I left for a few months (4-6) to finish school at the time. I have also personally hacked thousands of codes in 'code binges' over the years so I am not sure what this 'contributed nothing' argument is all about.

Macrox and I got along but it was somewhat chaotic. Every last concern I would get an e-mail about and I unfortunately did not have the time to respond to every last one. It was frustrating.

Not sure what you mean by 'screwing with things' unless you meant evolving the GSC forums.

Quote:
You mean like you reposting my codes under someone else's name after Crocc removed them? I still remember some jackoff arguing that "rehacking" them was legit.
That was a joke because I recall you were being super defensive and it was only a 5 minutes thing. The actual database never had the codes altered. "Rehacking them" was also a joke never happened and never will. It's 100% original code credit in our database.

Quote:
For the record. Myself and macrox worked with ugetab in the past and he was a brilliant hacker. Nenso-nonsense would seem to be full of shit.
How about asking him? He seemed quite staunch and truthful when he told me multiple times that ugetab stole his work.

Quote:
The "falling out" was due to the fact you arbitrarily took down the code DB for months for no reason while your retarded brother wrote those garbage scripts to convert it to SQL and failed miserably.
They were temporary scripts and were never intended to be there forever. Unfortunately, people have lives and cannot devote 24/7 to re-writing a database that had numerous errors in them that I later had to fix with Rob's/Abystus's assistance

If you had offered to help, perhaps it would have been better?

[QUOTE=Viper187;104244]Even after it was up, I don't think you had the ability to update the site for months. You just kept updating the old files or something and claiming you were updating despite the fact nothing that people could see actually changed.

Again, no offer to assist was there. Everyone was keen to go all NIN for months.

Quote:
So creaitng software to hack PS2 when none ever existed isn't active? I actually kept updating Renegade to work with that one NDS emulator too, mostly for macrox' sake.
Congratulations, that is one of the few achievements that hasn't been stolen by GH.

Quote:
The codes aren't your personal property. That's why all the talent left GSC.org. I poured 100s, maybe 1000s of hours into adding codes to that DB when it was on gscentral.com. I made over 100,000 codes myself, not to mention all the hours I put in adding other peoples' codes, and making software to copy CMGSCCC's codes with proper credit.
You weren't the only contributor. Many other people poured thousands or hundreds of thousands of hours into the upkeep of the website via codes or updates.

All proper code credit remains to this day.

Quote:
The only reason anything is missing or screwed up from that copy of the DB is because your brother couldn't write a decent import script. We knew the DB and what to expect, and we could've helped get it converted right, but you didn't trust anyone. Who exactly made all these errors in the original DB? I paid more attention to proper format than you did.
I never had any offers from you or Parasyte. Para had left the scene and refused to do anything in any sense of meaning.

I fixed all of the errors so not sure what you mean saying that you fixed more errors than I did.

Quote:
Never been incredibly active? See my 100,000 codes and numerous software hacking tools.
This was not directed at yourself but rather most of the staff at Kodewerx.

Quote:
REALLY. How many of those did you add without my software to format and copy them 10x easier? The DB was my hard work as much as yours. None of the people who supported GSC.com cared to stick around at GSC.org.
I have added thousands without programs to use. Your program was awesome so thanks again for that.

Quote:
Could it be something to do with the management? Oh, isn't that part of the reason GSC.com died to begin with? YOU couldn't get along with anyone, and I seem to remember you getting banned from your own community.
.COM died because of numerous reasons, ones that disappeared once the reckless members left for Kodewerx.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
rimsky82

Rune-

Being a rather new spectator of this war, I've tried to remain neutral. However, there is something I don't understand.

You keep saying that your database was stolen. The codes contained therein did not belong to any website but to the hackers that created them; a notion I'm sure you're familiar with, considering your incessant talk about proper code credit. Considering the ones who copied the database had hacked most of the codes, how can you keep saying that anything was stolen, or that it belonged to GSC in the first place?

I also don't get why you keep bringing that up, considering every code hacked by members at GH are in your database, with or without permission. I may not have that many to my name, yet all of mine end up at GSC almost immediately after I post them, as well as videos showcasing my codes with a GSC intro on youtube. I hadn't said anything to this point about it since you credit my name, but it bugs me that you point fingers at others for doing the same thing.

Can you explain this to me?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
Rune @ GSC

The people who had stolen the database did not hack all of the codes. From there, your argument has been nullified. I did not steal an entire website's years of work.

FYI, the codes of mine have also ended up in the GH db without my permission yet they are still there, 99% without proper credit. The last 1% are those that I actually posted recently so they weren't stolen like all of the rest were.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
rimsky82

Viper mentioned that he did most of the "work". How exactly is this false?

I see more fingers, but no answer.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
Rune @ GSC

Not sure what he means when much of the database was created with these "fingers". I know that Viper did a lot of work and I would never discredit him or his efforts in that regard. However, to the extend that he credits himself I believe is hyperbole.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
Lazy Bastard
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
FYI, the codes of mine have also ended up in the GH db without my permission yet they are still there, 99% without proper credit. The last 1% are those that I actually posted recently so they weren't stolen like all of the rest were.
You requested that your codes be removed from GameHacking.org years ago, and we removed them. We've always been pretty direct about such things, and if someone genuinely doesn't want their codes in the database, we remove them. The only codes remaining in even the BSFree database that you had any involvement in were those credited to both you and at least one other hacker (joint credit) when we received BSFree. We've left those intact, as the other hackers in question have either confirmed that they're quite happy with having their codes hosted at GameHacking.org, or not responded at all due to not being around anymore, and it would be incorrect and unacceptable to remove your name from the credits.

Last edited by Lazy Bastard; 07-17-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
Viper187

Quote:
The people who had stolen the database did not hack all of the codes. From there, your argument has been nullified. I did not steal an entire website's years of work.
Arguably you did. Myself and many others supported GSCentral.COM and that's where the DB belonged. None of us want anything to do with .ORG.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #20
Rune @ GSC

@ LB: Wrong. The codes that I hacked have been stripped of any code credit and are still in the GH db even after I have requested that they be removed.

@ V187: You supported GSCentral and .COM for many years was run largely under my guidance. If you don't wish to support .ORG, that is your choice. But many others support .ORG and the decision to continue under the original leadership before .COM tanked [under other people's leadership].
Closed Thread