Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
Drognar

Question Final Fantasy DS bug, plz help!!):

So I just got hold of Final Fantasy IV DS and started playing it on No$Gba, with the EEPROM 64K plugin, the game runs fine although I get a really annoying error, the text will stick to the screen and pile over itself, it doesn't go away till you get into a battle, it doesn't seem that annoying but will iterate you after a while. Is there a way to fix this text bug?
Drognar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Lillymon

No idea. It's quite probably a bug in the emulator, try another one or report it to the author. Considering how new the DS is, I'd consider it amazing that it works that well. Though I really don't approve of emulating games that are still actively being sold. If you like it, why not buy it and show some support to the developer?
Old 07-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drognar View Post
So I just got hold of Final Fantasy IV DS and started playing it on No$Gba, with the EEPROM 64K plugin, the game runs fine although I get a really annoying error, the text will stick to the screen and pile over itself, it doesn't go away till you get into a battle, it doesn't seem that annoying but will iterate you after a while. Is there a way to fix this text bug?
Well, first, you have the save size wrong (512k EEPROM) And yeah, it's probably an emulation bug. All I know is that it works fine on my flashcart from the ROM of it I dumped from the cart I bought a few hours ago.

You really should just buy it.

Twitter

Last edited by The 9th Sage; 07-24-2008 at 01:48 AM.
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:56 AM   #4
Drognar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Well, first, you have the save size wrong (512k EEPROM) And yeah, it's probably an emulation bug. All I know is that it works fine on my flashcart from the ROM of it I dumped from the cart I bought a few hours ago.

You really should just buy it.
1. There is no 512K EEPROM, only goes to 64 Kilobytes, flash 512 just fails and plays a black screen.
2. I really would love to buy it and have played this game a ton, I just don't have the money, I'd have to get DS also.
3. No$GBA is by far the best, the rest are insanely slow and have the same or more errors.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #5
Xeon3D

1 - Then it's probably an Emulator bug like Lillymon said.
2 - You wouldn't steal a Ferrari if you felt like driving one would you?
3 - While it may be the best (in your opinion), sometimes games suck on one emulator and play nicely on another! That's one thing to remember.
Xeon3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #6
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drognar View Post
1. There is no 512K EEPROM, only goes to 64 Kilobytes, flash 512 just fails and plays a black screen.
Which is why I said 512k EEPROM. This is what the dumping program reports my cart as having (as in: it has read the information from the actual cart), and the setting that works with my flashcart is 512k. I can only guess that No$GBA doesn't have support for 512k EEPROM yet or something. What reason would I have to lie about the save size? :P

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Lillymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon3D View Post
2 - You wouldn't steal a Ferrari if you felt like driving one would you?
I always hated this analogy. It comes up sometimes, I say the same thing.

If you steal a Ferrari from the street, there is now someone who had a Ferrari but now doesn't. The owner has been deprived of their property. That's theft.

If you copy a video game (or music CD, or movie on DVD), then the original is still there. Even if it wasn't yours, the owner still has it. That's not theft.

So it's really like you had a magical copy machine, and instantly brought an identical Ferrari into existence. It's still wrong, but it's wrong because you're not giving the manufacturer something, which is different from taking something.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #8
Drognar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Which is why I said 512k EEPROM. This is what the dumping program reports my cart as having (as in: it has read the information from the actual cart), and the setting that works with my flashcart is 512k. I can only guess that No$GBA doesn't have support for 512k EEPROM yet or something. What reason would I have to lie about the save size? :P
Didn't think you were lying, just mistaken. As for the ferari thing, yeah thats the kind of money I wouldn't mess with. The thing is though tons of people use bittorent, I only emulate games I'm really interested in playing, which aren't that many anymore. As for the part about not giving the manufactor anything I just bought Final Fantasy VII:CC so thats enough.