Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
jd_9393

Default Graphics Errors

I tossed the shitty Mac and got a shitty PC..nowhere near as shitty as the Mac, but plenty shitty, I should get to the point huh, the thing is I thought since I have and update computer I would try using more EMUs. I downloaded project 64 v1.6 and everytime I try to run it I get 2 messages saying"

Direct3D failed to initialize

The default ro selected video plugin is missing or invalid

I have DirectX 9.0c and tested Directdraw and Direct3D and they worked, What should I do?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
InVerse

Change your settings from Direct3D to Direct Draw. That has worked for me with several emulators. My PC isn't particularly shitty but the onboard video certainly is. As for how to do that, that would depend on the emulator you're using. Which I see now that you've already mentioned so I suppose I'll go check my settings now.

And... (Based on the message I got when it booted up) I don't appear to have actually ran Project 64 1.6 since installing it and it's working fine for me without making any changes at all. So I probably won't be of any help, but I've already typed this much so I'm going to post it anyway.

For the record, in the Settings menu, I have Jabo's Direct3D8.1.6 selected as my Video plugin. Within the Plugins directory in my Project 64 folder, I have Jabo_Direct3D8.dll amongst other things. If you don't have that plugin, you might need to acquire it.

Alternatively, you could try 1964. It seems to work perfectly fine with my shitty onboard video without requiring any special settings, as well.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
Reaper man

May I also add that you should possibly update your video drivers, as they could be using whatever Windows put on there by default.