Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 03-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
UtimateNoob

Default Advice on Sprite/sound replacing? THANKS

Gday; I'm intenting on doing a hack of a SNES game;
nothing fancy just a Sprite and sound Replacment no Ai eadtiting or anything just sprites and sound; I've looked around but couldn't find any eaditors that would work on my laptop

(Using Shit ass Vista)

I'm going to do all the work myself i just need some Tips to get started.

THANS!!!!
UtimateNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtimateNoob View Post
I've looked around but couldn't find any eaditors that would work on my laptop

(Using Shit ass Vista)
what programs did you try on your laptop?

BTW, Vista isn't as shit ass as you think.

Also, it's spelled "editors" (unless there's some sort of obscure alternate spelling I was unaware of...)
Old 04-01-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
UtimateNoob

Tried snes Ripper.
is their a good utilaty that alows you to replace snes srites wih your ownas wel as sound or willl i need a hex editor; also are some good tutorials out their for hex eaditors thanks.
UtimateNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #4
InVerse

Tile Molester is probably the best graphics editor and it should work just fine in Vista. (It's written in Java, so it should work just fine in damn near every usable OS in existence.)

As far as sound goes... you can try looking into Snessor. It might be useful for changing samples. As far as I know, there are only a couple of SNES games that have had sound/music changed and I'm guessing most of them had custom utilities written specifically for the game.

As for a tutorial for hex editing.... instead of counting 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 like you're used to doing in base 10, you count 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F (after that comes 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F and then 20,21,22...2D,2E,2F and so on.)

Either you already know the location of the data you want to change, thus only requiring you to jump down to the address (the addresses are usually listed on the left side of the editor) and change the current values to whatever you need them to be

or

You don't know the location of the data you want to change, in which case you either learn to use a debugger or you just start changing values at random to see what happens. (You can do this manually or using one of the multiple corruption utilities available.)
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote