Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
icenine0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,958
Default It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...

Because everyone pardons everyone all the time so we should excuse it! Clinton got pardoned so Libby should LOLOLOLOL Ur only saying it's bad because you're a Democrat!

This country has become so partisan and skeptical that no one's willing to stand up for the common good. Justice is evaporating as everyone just labels and dismisses. "You're a Democrat and he's a Republican! So you have a personal interest! So your opinion doesn't matter and you're a greedy, self-serving wankmeister!" NO, he BROKE the LAW and SHOULD GO TO JAIL no MATTER WHO HE IS AND WHO YOU ARE and NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE.

I thought Jon Stewart was overreacting the first time I saw his Crossfire appearance, but now I see what he meant. No justice ever gets served, no common goals are ever attained, when everyone can just chalk everything up to your political affiliation. "Well, that's just how you see it because you're an (insert party)." Don't debate, label and negate, further your own agenda.
<P ID="signature"></P>
icenine0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
JadussD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...

> I thought Jon Stewart was overreacting the first time I saw
> his Crossfire appearance, but now I see what he meant. No
> justice ever gets served, no common goals are ever attained,
> when everyone can just chalk everything up to your political
> affiliation. "Well, that's just how you see it because
> you're an (insert party)." Don't debate, label and negate,
> further your own agenda.

That's the Hegelian dialectic for you!

<P ID="signature"></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
juggaleaux
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 367
Default Re: It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...


<P ID="signature"><hr />of07</P>
juggaleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
JadussD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...

> Because everyone pardons everyone all the time so we should
> excuse it! Clinton got pardoned so Libby should LOLOLOLOL Ur
> only saying it's bad because you're a Democrat!

The best way to do something which people would not approve of or even debate about is to divide everything into two camps. If you're going to go into a country and take their natural resources, give money to both the dictator and the rebels. Associate everything into two arbitrary categories, both based on diametrically opposed ideas on how to deal with the same issues, and then when you want to do something dastardly, just let groupthink take care of the fallout.
<P ID="signature"></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
icenine0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,958
Default Re: It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...

> The best way to do something which people would not approve
> of or even debate about is to divide everything into two
> camps. If you're going to go into a country and take their
> natural resources, give money to both the dictator and the
> rebels.

Yeah, absolutely. Shift merit away from ideals and onto groups. As soon as the ends justify the means, as soon as certain people are unequivocally "good" and "bad" -- anything they do being justified in sabotaging the opposition -- then you're set.

> Associate everything into two arbitrary categories, both based on
> diametrically opposed ideas on how to deal with the same issues, and
> then when you want to do something dastardly, just let groupthink
> take care of the fallout.

I bet if you interviewed any strong, individual supporter of either party, there would be elements of their platform they didn't agree with. The Republican and Democratic platforms are counterintuitive mishmashes. Who knew capitalists and evangelists would be political allies?
<P ID="signature"></P>
<P ID="signature"></P>
icenine0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 AM   #6
CEpeep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...

> I bet if you interviewed any strong, individual supporter of
> either party, there would be elements of their platform they
> didn't agree with. The Republican and Democratic platforms
> are counterintuitive mishmashes. Who knew capitalists and
> evangelists would be political allies?

It's intentional. It's sort of a divide-and-conquer strategy, but maintains an element of control by "forcing" people to go along with something they don't agree with because they think everyone else in the party does (even though most people may not care, or are even against the issue).

Like Jaduss mentioned, politics is more about understanding groupthink and how it can be manipulated than anything else. By essentially forcing your party's members into a mob-mentality state of thought, you can get them to think or at least tolerate things they never would have on their own.
<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
~ William Shakespeare

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0</font></P>
CEpeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:33 AM   #7
pipes
Senior Member
 
pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,883
Default Re: It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...

2 years in jail?... ... ... thats just too harsh.<img src=smilies/headshake.gif>
<P ID="signature">The pipes clangor all the time!</P>
__________________
The pipes never clangor.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #8
puduhead
Senior Member
 
puduhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,403
Default Re: It's Okay that Bush Pardoned Libby ...

> It's intentional. It's sort of a divide-and-conquer
> strategy, but maintains an element of control by "forcing"
> people to go along with something they don't agree with
> because they think everyone else in the party does

so true. that's why i loved the continued references to "the party" and being a "party member" in V for Vendetta. It was so obvious to me what this was portraying.

> Like Jaduss mentioned, politics is more about understanding
> groupthink and how it can be manipulated than anything else.
> By essentially forcing your party's members into a
> mob-mentality state of thought, you can get them to think or
> at least tolerate things they never would have on their own.

it's sad really when you look at what the human mind is capable of. and all these professionals in industries that do amazing things. and yet, the common thug has as good of a grasp as any when it comes to the government - bullshit.
<P ID="signature">http://www.myspace.com/directionlessmusic<img src=http://pc.xanga.com/c3/7a/c37ac403ff93c46e67341c22cde75af03236737.jpg border=0></a></P>
__________________
puduhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #9
JadussD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,100
Default

I know it was just spam, but the irony of this advertisement for sheep-skin boots being posted in this thread is immense.

However, I know its fun to "fleece" sheep, but perhaps its getting a little tiresome at this point?
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Lillymon
Senior Member
 
Lillymon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,379
Default

I'm sorry I deleted it now. I mass-delete posts from any spambot account, physical deletion too, so there's no way to get them back (as far as I know anyway).
__________________
Amelia Explains It All - Eventually. Probably.
Lillymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.