Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Video Game Music

Old 12-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
MrNorbert1994

Default The fixed NSF Archive

Message to the moderator:
I'm not sure if this is the right topic to post this, if this is the wrong one, then feel free to lock it.

So the thing is: for about a year or so now, myself, and a few others alongside with me, tracked down all the existing NSF arhives including Zophar itself, and made it into a big folder. While we were doing it, I was trying to fix most of them, since it seems like that about 20% of the existing rips on Zophar is broken. I tried to submit my own rips, but since June nothing really happened, and it is still in the Pending status, so I was like screw it then... I will post it here instead:

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/download/wet646wm0hbybwt/NSF.rar[/url]

This archive contains a lot of fan made stuff, it has nearly all the NSFs from the 2A03 Archive.
It also has a lot of PAL rips too.

I understand that re-doing the NSF page on here would be time consuming and an attrocius long work, so I advise to link this folder rar there.

This link updates around every 4-5 days or so.
MrNorbert1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
Edman
Administrator

This is interesting, thank you for posting this! I'll have a look at it.

I'm not sure what you mean by 20% of the rips being broken? I don't think I've had anyone report any broken rips.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
Montie2k
SuperMod and Music Guru

Agreed with Edman in that the rips present here are most definitely not broken.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
MrNorbert1994

I was maybe a bit too much with the 20%, but for example, rips like:
Silver Surfer - The one which is on here doesn't have the High Score Theme
Sangokushi 2 - Haou no Tairiku - Invalid INIT Address
Otaku No Seiza - PAL Bit
Darkman - NTSC Bit, while it is a PAL rip
Friday The 13th - Invalid Noise (I still work in to fix this isse. Atlus drivers are a pain in the ass.)
Chiisana Obake - Acchi Socchi Kocchi (Missing Song: The Tunetable was wrongly organised.)
Kyouryuu Sentai Juuranger <- Wrong name, Missing Tunes.
Platoon - The expansion audio is on, while it never uses it.
This problem was pretty common with a lot of ones.
It is more like a minor thing, but a lot of NSFs, has no SFX routine, for example Contra Force, what I just recently fixed, and many more, that I can count.
For example some NSFs, don't work on a Powerpak.
Also... my list contains rips, which were never ripped before:
Hard Drivin'
Rampart (US)
Wit's
Earthworm Jim 2 (Super Game)
Old 03-31-2016, 11:45 AM   #5
DAN529

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNorbert1994 View Post
I was maybe a bit too much with the 20%, but for example, rips like:
Silver Surfer - The one which is on here doesn't have the High Score Theme
Sangokushi 2 - Haou no Tairiku - Invalid INIT Address
Otaku No Seiza - PAL Bit
Darkman - NTSC Bit, while it is a PAL rip
Friday The 13th - Invalid Noise (I still work in to fix this isse. Atlus drivers are a pain in the ass.)
Chiisana Obake - Acchi Socchi Kocchi (Missing Song: The Tunetable was wrongly organised.)
Kyouryuu Sentai Juuranger <- Wrong name, Missing Tunes.
Platoon - The expansion audio is on, while it never uses it.
This problem was pretty common with a lot of ones.
It is more like a minor thing, but a lot of NSFs, has no SFX routine, for example Contra Force, what I just recently fixed, and many more, that I can count.
For example some NSFs, don't work on a Powerpak.
Also... my list contains rips, which were never ripped before:
Hard Drivin'
Rampart (US)
Wit's
Earthworm Jim 2 (Super Game)
Hi, dear MrNorbert! Thank you for your work! But... I found some bugs and incompletes in exist NSF-files... Can you fix these bugs and add missing themes? This is list of uncomplete NSF-files:

1. Super Contra 7: missing Triangle channel in Track 12 (Boss 4)
2. -
3. Dungeon Kid (J): missing 1 theme - "Game Over theme".
4. Musashi no Bouken (J): missing 1 theme - "Experience Gained theme".
5. My Little Pony. Dr. Discord's Conquest (Megaman III Hack):
2 broken tracks: Track 04 ("Princess Luna Stage") - disappearing Noise channel, Track 12 ("Dr. Discord Map") - corrupt...
And missing 8 tracks: Stage Start, Dr. Discord Stage 1, Final Boss, Final Boss Defeated, Epiloque, Cast, New Acquisition, Stage Ending.
6. -
7. Track & Field (U)/Hyper Olympic (J): missing 3 themes - "Course 2 theme", "Course Clear 2 theme", "Foul theme".
8. Treasure Master (U): missing 1 theme - "Warp Zone theme".
9. Super Pang (Sachen): corrupt Pulse 1 channel in Track 9 ("Level Ending theme"), corrupt Pulse 1 channel in Track 11 ("Game Over theme").
10. Addams Family, The (U): missing "Thunder-storm theme" and all SFX.
11. -
12. Golden KTV (Ch): missing 2 themes (songs in music menu) - Music 04 and Music 06 (must be 60 tracks in NSF, not 58).
13. Hudson's Adventure Island III/Adventure Island III: missing 1 theme - "Final Boss theme" (it's a "Boss theme" without channels Pulse 1 and Pulse 2).
14. -
15. Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 2 - Karakuri Land (J): missing "Strange Land theme (Stage 1)".
16. Moai-kun (J): non-fixed speed in Track 1 (plays in 50.0 too slow, not like in game)
17. Nuts & Milk (J): missing 2 themes - "Bonus Round theme", "Level Tune 1"

And... your collection have incomplete nsf "Cadence Of Agony" (missing 10 themes), I can send to you this completed nsf. Thanks.
DAN529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
MrNorbert1994

Sorry for the necrobump, but I thought this thread needs one.
I wonder if somebody can still update the NSF section ([url]http://www.zophar.net/music/nsf.html[/url]) here because:
I have and a few dudes ripped / reripped quite a lot of NSFs including a lot of fixes and such.

The ones that needs some updates are mentioned in the previous post, and most of them got fixed.
Don't know if links are allowed in posts, but these reripped NSFs can only be found on NesDev posts and on my website: mrnorbert1994(dot)uw(dot)hu
Old 02-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
Edman
Administrator

Hey, sent you back an email. In case you didn't get it, I updated the NSF section with all new NSFs.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 01:36 AM   #8
Zophar
Original Founder

Good man.

"Emulation Forever!"
It lives on...
Zophar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:26 AM   #9
MrNorbert1994

Just to make another bump, because I felt like it...

I highly advise that games which has more than one region release should be separated from their original ones for easier finding, plus sometimes it sounds completely different.

One of which came to my mind is Chubby Cherub (boy this was some weird as-sub banked shit, and I can understand why nobody touched it), which has a completely different title screen tune.

Also, I long ago ripped Major League Baseball ([url]http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=115&start=1695[/url])
Not a complete rip, but I guess it is sill better than nothing.

Last edited by MrNorbert1994; 06-05-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #10
Edman
Administrator

I do try to update the site with NSFs depending on region. If you browse through the games list you can see several games marked "JP", or NTSC - US, or PAL. I think that marking the region in the title is sufficient to make out which game is from where.

I am able to spend only a little of my time on ZD these days, I have whole sections of computer game music I need to add (about 1700 games), I need to change the layout for the rest of the site, and I want to program a comment function for the music that is tied in with the forums.

At the same time Chubby Cherub got 7 pageviews last month (out of over half a million in total), so its pretty low on my to-do list.

If you find it important, please email me the NSF and MP3 conversion, and I will upload it and add it to the site.