Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 01-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
BEGICFMP

Default Rockman no consistency

I would really like to play it! I have no idea how to patch the original game, from what I understand it involves LunarIPS and beyond that I am completely ignorant. If someone would help me through this we can all grow mentally, physically, and maybe even spiritually.
BEGICFMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
InVerse

Assuming you're referring to Rockman: No Constancy, all you need is the patch of your choice (there are easy & hard versions), the ROM for Rockman 2 (not Megaman 2, you have to use the Japanese version of the ROM) and Lunar IPS.

Lunar IPS is pretty self-explanatory. Open it and select the option to patch a ROM (as opposed to the option to create a patch) and it will ask for the ROM file and the IPS patch. Both of these will need to be unarchived, it doesn't work with ZIP files. That's all there is to it. Once you apply the patch, the ROM is ready to go.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
BEGICFMP

thanks! everything seemed to work fine except when i went to load the game it shuts down my emulator everytime. Is there something i'm missing or should i change emulators? i use fceux
BEGICFMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:17 AM   #4
InVerse

I would think FCEUX would work fine with the hack but I'm not in a position to test it at the moment. Does the unpatched ROM work okay? You could try it on Nestopia as well.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote