Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 08-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #11
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
Sorry, I was just giving what I thought was prudent advice; I had no idea that this was a topic that could spring your sprockets and scatter your screws, let alone grind your gears...
He's saying he wants cupcake privileges.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #12
ToastyCheesy

Woah, woah. Anyone aware the PS3 controllers work perfectly fine on the PC? I've had 4 controllers hooked up at once one time for mario kart 64 fun. the drivers for the controller are unofficial, but work great, they support the Joysticks, pressure sensitive buttons, analog triggers, motion sensor, and vibration, if on a dualshock. Google for Motioninjoy for the drivers. The controllers also just hookup to your computer using the Mini USB cord that comes with just about everything these days.
ToastyCheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
InVerse

X-Box 360 wired controllers hook up to a PC with the same connector with which they connect to the 360 *and* they connect to a decent console system as well.

For $20, you can get a wireless adapter that allows for four controllers to be connected at once. And the drivers are official, for obvious reasons.

(Granted, I'm biased. The controller is the primary reason I've always hated Sony systems.)
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Isildur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
He's saying he wants cupcake privileges.
By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, cupcake privileges must be earned!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyCheesy View Post
Woah, woah. Anyone aware the PS3 controllers work perfectly fine on the PC? I've had 4 controllers hooked up at once one time for mario kart 64 fun. the drivers for the controller are unofficial, but work great, they support the Joysticks, pressure sensitive buttons, analog triggers, motion sensor, and vibration, if on a dualshock. Google for Motioninjoy for the drivers. The controllers also just hookup to your computer using the Mini USB cord that comes with just about everything these days.
Actually, forgot about this. For that matter, with some Bluetooth hardware you can connect a Wiimote to your computer and use a Classic Controller (or whatever else) for some games.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #16
ToastyCheesy

That's right, Bluetooth. Forgot about that as well, My bluetooth dongle got smashed recently, and I haven't had a wii in over 6-7 months.

I've had one of those Wireless adaptors for 360 controllers, but I bought one back when they were $50, and I actually don't like the 360 controller myself. I'm pretty biased against most things 360, since every 360 anyone's had in these parts has always..... died. either the red ring, internal implosion, (you could actually here it thunk inside and make a light poof) or it would eat discs, and grind to the point the disc was no longer usable.

I'm starting to think I'm one of the only PS3 owners on the board, so I'll try keeping the console fighting to a hush minimum

I'm not one to usually fight about why the other console is bad to begin with, I usually just brag about something I can do. I still brag about owning a Dreamcast
ToastyCheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #17
InVerse

I'll admit that I got pretty damn lucky with my 360. I've had it for over a year now and it hasn't had a single problem, despite having the old video card in it that's known for dying. My sister, on the other hand, has apparently killed two so far and is on her third one. (Of course, she also has like 30 different systems altogether, so I'm not predisposed to feel sorry for her when one of them dies. Any time you tell someone you want to play a particular game and they pull out the 360, PS3 and Wii versions and ask which one you want to play...) My best friend's 360 did the grinding thing about a week after he got it, destroyed 2 games. And then there's me, with no problems at all.

I got the wireless adapter free, basically. Wal-Mart.com had a deal where if you bought $50 and paid with PayPal, you got $20 cash back. Well, I wanted one of the Wal-Mart exclusive Dragon controllers for 360, but the damn website had them for $49.99, ten bucks cheaper than the stores. Since I couldn't find anything for a penny, I eventually settled on the $20 wireless adapter, basically getting it for free as well as $10 off a controller I was about to buy anyway.

I'm not a *huge* fan of the 360 controller, though I like it better than anything else currently. I used to think Dreamcast was my favourite controller, but I bought one a few months ago and apparently that's no longer the case. Or maybe the controller is still fine, it certainly fits in my hand the best, but the play control on the games seems so shitty compared to modern systems.

I was mostly joking about my shots at the PS3. Of course, it's a lot easier to not be bitter when the console you dislike is no longer dominating the market. I'm almost at the point where I actually kind of feel sorry for PS3 owners.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #18
puduhead

Default Logitech Dual Action USB - $20

I don't own any next gen systems so buying a PC controller makes sense for me.

I'm pretty happy with the Logitech Dual Action USB.

$20

Supported Operating Systems:
Windows® 98, Windows® 2000, Windows® Me, Windows® XP, Windows® *Vista™

*compatibility problems on Vista 64bit.

haha - 5 min video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXI-FRvY8g
Old 10-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
neemoxtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyCheesy View Post
Could you explain how you were able to get all 4 controllers to work at the same time with Motioninjoy? Were they wired or connected through bluetooth? Also, did PJ64 (I'm assuming) recognize the controllers as distinct?
neemoxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #20
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by puduhead View Post
I don't own any next gen systems so buying a PC controller makes sense for me.

I'm pretty happy with the Logitech Dual Action USB.

[insert controller picture here]

$20

Supported Operating Systems:
Windows® 98, Windows® 2000, Windows® Me, Windows® XP, Windows® *Vista™

*compatibility problems on Vista 64bit.

haha - 5 min video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXI-FRvY8g
I have the same controller as you. I heart it.

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote