Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
marcomas

Default KLAVAR, new open source program on Steem

Dear members and readers of the forum,

As this is my first post, I'd like to introduce myself.
I am a software engineer with (too) many years of experience in the business.

I am currently working on the remaking of an old ATARI ST program for the PC platform.

It's an open source project hosted on SourceForge.

This is my first time on the forum and I hope that I do not break any rule by saying that the previous copyright holder of KLAVAR on ATARI has decided to release the application as open source and make it freely available for the community from SourceForge.net ([url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/klavar[/url])

The reason behind my posting is that KLAVAR (or NewScore, as it was once called) is a good testing application for emulators.
I have been very successfully at running it on Steem, and there are reports that it works on Hatari too.

So, in essence, this is at the same time an invitation to download the application and a request of help for testing it under your preferred emulator, possibly reporting successes and failures.

The application itself is about a method for reading/composing music and playing the piano in a totally new approach, using an easy-to-read stave.

Thank you

Marco
marcomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
Reaper man

I wouldn't exactly call a port of an old atari-St program emulation, but still it's an interesting project. I may have to move the topic somewhere else though. I just need to think of where.

Then again, I'm tired, and I probably can't see the relevance exactly. I'll let someone else in staff tackle it.