Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
herooftime1000

Default Zelda: link's awakening rom editing help

Here's the skinny. I've been editing the graphics and I came across a problem.

I want to COMPLETELY replace a photo in the game because I know that the photos in the game are tricky to edit. They use one sprite in several areas in the picture, right? ANYWAY, I would like to expand the rom, put my picture in there and change the coding so it show the picture correctly. Questions are, how do expand the rom, and how can I find the data where the photo images are held?

If I'm missing anything or if there is a better way, please tell me.

Otherwise, help me by answer my questions will do just fine.
herooftime1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
kgp4death

good to see another zelda hacker on the board......never worked with link awakening....are you using an editor if so which(assuming you are not in straight hex)?....how far are you in the hack?.....i am doing link to the past title of mine is (Bruce Campbell vs Ganon and the deadites).....Lmk i would to love to hear about how it is going, how far you are, and what you are using.....
kgp4death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
herooftime1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp4death View Post
good to see another zelda hacker on the board......never worked with link awakening....are you using an editor if so which(assuming you are not in straight hex)?....how far are you in the hack?.....i am doing link to the past title of mine is (Bruce Campbell vs Ganon and the deadites).....Lmk i would to love to hear about how it is going, how far you are, and what you are using.....
Oh, well. I'm doing quite well. My editors of choice is Tile layer pro and Tile Molester. I've replaced all of the in game link sprites with a heroine of my choice. I already changed one of the photos in the book with great success.

I have 4 years of experience working with pixel art and ever-learning.

Here is my deviantart page.

[url]http://herooftime1000.deviantart.com/[/url]

Anyways, I'm having trouble with the two pictures with the chain chomp and the picture of Marin falling on Link, or rather, the heroine. The intro looks easy enough but I'm really going to have to crack at the palette.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
kgp4death

hum not good with graphics myself.....may be someone else can help there.....is it art/sprites hack or is this a new story/dungeons and stuff.?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
herooftime1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp4death View Post
hum not good with graphics myself.....may be someone else can help there.....is it art/sprites hack or is this a new story/dungeons and stuff.?
Just a major graphics edit, nothing special.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
kgp4death

"special" is in the eye of the beholder however i really suck at artistic stuff......anyone else?

Check out my game Bruce Campbell vs Ganon (trailer) It is a hack of "Zelda -A Link to the Past" with Ash of "Army of Darkness" as the main Character.....