Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 03-24-2010, 05:09 AM   #11
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Yeah, I've heared about a new Zelda. Hopefully there's no wolf this time :P

It's definately looking good this year.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 AM   #12
AkaneJones

Oh yah I've been playing it now. Word of advice, don't look at your map in the outer wall with new graphics. In case you didn't notice the map is bugged on the new graphics. You'd notice if you looked at the map the first time reaching egg corridor, assuming you picked it up. But for some reasons it seems to be the reason if can freeze in the outer wall.

Also for some reason both version music is bugged. Not that you'd notice much with the new music unless you avidly played the PC version, or had the original on. Hope the get around to fixing it, seams bother some more so than an occasional there/they're its/it's mistake. Especial since other wise it would be a definitive version, unless you care that you can't see the floor/ceiling in some room because of the 4:3, 6:4 rez.
AkaneJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #13
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneJones View Post
Oh yah I've been playing it now. Word of advice, don't look at your map in the outer wall with new graphics. In case you didn't notice the map is bugged on the new graphics. You'd notice if you looked at the map the first time reaching egg corridor, assuming you picked it up. But for some reasons it seems to be the reason if can freeze in the outer wall.

Also for some reason both version music is bugged. Not that you'd notice much with the new music unless you avidly played the PC version, or had the original on. Hope the get around to fixing it, seams bother some more so than an occasional there/they're its/it's mistake. Especial since other wise it would be a definitive version, unless you care that you can't see the floor/ceiling in some room because of the 4:3, 6:4 rez.
I just heard that actually...I never really use the map so I hadn't noticed, and also about the music problems...I figured they were just going for a more ambient soundtrack but evidently they are supposed to have drums but they weren't playing for some reason. Nicalis has said something about releasing an update for the game, eventually (they said something about maybe the return of "Huzzah!" also, but I only kind of loled at that since the amount of hate it's disappearance has gotten is kind of strangely funny to me). Oh, and I did notice the old music looped a little odd. It's not always noticable though, and you probably wouldn't if you hadn't played the PC version.

Kind of disappointing, hopefully it's fixed up quick. With the dev time of it you'd think they'd have caught this stuff. Otherwise, I'm still having a ton of fun with it. Just got up to the Balcony and got killed by the Core. Aaaah, memories. lol

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:35 AM   #14
schmocke

Okay, I first read here about Cave Story. I downloaded it and passed the first cave right now. Funny game, works great via PS2 Pad hooked up to my PC. Only thing I don´t understand: why is it 12$ on Wiiware!? Kinda expensive for a free game, I guess..
schmocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #15
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmocke View Post
Okay, I first read here about Cave Story. I downloaded it and passed the first cave right now. Funny game, works great via PS2 Pad hooked up to my PC. Only thing I don´t understand: why is it 12$ on Wiiware!? Kinda expensive for a free game, I guess..
The bugs that will hopefully be patched soon aside, it has upgraded graphics (twice the resolution, some nice detail really comes out actually in the redone graphics) and it has three additional gameplay modes (Sanctuary Time Attack, Boss Rush (which is awesome), and a mode where you play through the game as one of the other characters in the game). It has built in Easy and Hard mode too, actually. Even if it's missing it's apparently intended drum track, I still rather like the remixed music too (though if it had the drums it'd be better).

I feel it's worth it...it feels great with my classic controller and looks great on my TV. I want to give money to Pixel too, the guy who created the original PC version and all the new character art for the Wii version and was involved in the process. Sad that it needs bug fixing, but after that it'll easily be the best version of the game I've played.

Twitter
Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
schmocke

Ah, alright. That makes sense. With so much additional and updated content 12$ is a good deal. I thought it were just a port from PC to Wii. Unfortunately, I don´t own a Wii, so I´ll go on with the free version. I have a low powered PC for emulation. I´ll install Cave Story there, because that PC is hooked up to my TV - so I´ll get some "filtering" and smoother graphics automatically.
schmocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #17
The 9th Sage

Yeah, I don't think you need a high powered system for Cave Story.

Twitter