Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 10-26-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
PetMetroid

Default Who's responsible for RockBox?

Hey guys! I'm doing a technical paper on some sort of engineering innovation and I want to use RockBox as my topic. If you don't know, RockBox is an open-source music firmware replacement ported to many different music players including iPod, iRiver, and a few others (rockbox.org.) I need to site the core programmers and engineers responsible for the project. However, I can't find that information on their site. Does anyone know who's running RockBox?
<P ID="signature">CAUTION:
Do NOT feed the metroids!</P>
PetMetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:49 AM   #2
PetMetroid

Default Re: Who's responsible for RockBox?

Well, I found a list of ALL the contributors. I know it's open source, but shouldn't there be a programming moderator or something?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
hcs

Hi, I've done some work on Rockbox (specifically, the ADX, NSF and SPC codecs). The project is largely decentralized and we have a large number of developers with write access to the SVN repository, so there really isn't one "programming moderator". Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linusn) was among the founders (if not outright the sole founder, not sure) and is still active with development today, so he'd be the one with the highest level perspective.
<P ID="signature"><hr>
"I never really applied for the position of King of the Hackers and didn't want the job when it was offered." - Andy Tanenbaum</P>
hcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
PetMetroid

Thank you, that helped alot. You are programming for the videogame codecs? That's cool. I've used those codecs, especially the SPC one, and I was excited to use them. I'm anxious to see you guys increase the volume gain and integrate files with the Rockbox database. Thank you, and good luck with your work.