Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 11-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #51
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggs View Post
right, I never said they were not good games. but I promise you that some kid playing pacman now - who had never played it before - after he's just finished playing gears of war 2 will say "this game fucking sucks donkey ass dude." I guarantee you he would not view the game as groundbreaking like it was when it was first released. it was the type of thing people were telling there their friends about "omfg dude you gotta come to the arcade with me after you get payed so we can play pacman and/or tetris." same with pinball. I like them all. tetris more than pacman. addicted to meteos...
I was playing metal gear solid 1 the other day and the graphics are beyond awful to me. I remember when I first played it I thought it looked incredible. first thing I thought when I saw it this year was "I don't remember the graphics being that bad."
The story I used to think was motion picture caliber now I think is not so well done. the controls seem clunky and unresponsive and the camera generally sucks. obviously my opinion has changed with the times. it's still fun to me in small doses, but i cant spend hours and hours completely enthralled the way I did before. queue cue MGS4
Holy fuck. What are you, 12? Do not type like a retard here. Have some respect for the other users reading here. This is a verbal warning. Type AOL speak like that here again and I will issue a 3 day ban. I will not tolerate such stupidity on these forums.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #52
Lillymon

Quote:
first thing I thought when I saw it this year was "I don't remember the graphics being that bad."
That's actually a problem for MESS. They emulate the PlayStation and Nintendo 64 exactly as they were, at the proper resolution, the PS1 infamous jaggies, and the N64's "My God, how did all that Vaseline got on my TV?" filtering. Then people bitch at them about how the games "Didn't look that bad!", their warped memories convincing them that the games used to look a lot better than they actually did. Pete's hardware plugins haven't really helped matters, as they raise the resolution of the 3D models and filter the hell out of the textures until it's not even the same game any more.

I got tired of all the messing about with plugins these days and generally refuse to use them unless they really are my last resort (Mupen64Plus and PCSX2 may qualify for this). I believe Duddie has actually apologized to the emulation scene in general for making PSEmu Pro use plugins and starting a fad that has refused to go away.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #53
CommieCowboy

Default My latest memory?

Telling some idiot who called Der Langrisser difficult that even this easy game has more challenge.
CommieCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #54
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
I believe Duddie has actually apologized to the emulation scene in general for making PSEmu Pro use plugins and starting a fad that has refused to go away.
I see why he might say that, but on the plus side there are far more options than there would have been otherwise.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:39 AM   #55
retroguiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
I see why he might say that, but on the plus side there are far more options than there would have been otherwise.
Well I know most emu developers do it to come as close to the original as possible. That's all fine. But me as a player are really the most interested in the craft of the games. I want old games to be experienced as best they can be. If I can play Zelda from N64 with decent graphics by todays standards to enhance my enjoyjment of the game I'm all for plugins. Let's face it, most games from the beginning of the 3D era sucks graphically. In many instances making the games nearly unplayable.

So I for one are glad of the plugins and I don't think anyone should apologize for it.
retroguiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #56
Triggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Holy fuck. What are you, 12? Do not type like a retard here. Have some respect for the other users reading here. This is a verbal warning. Type AOL speak like that here again and I will issue a 3 day ban. I will not tolerate such stupidity on these forums.
uh huh. you mention respect and twelve year old in a rant that shows no respect to me and name calling like that of a twelve year old.... maybe ten.
Triggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #57
Reaper man

Quote:
uh huh. you mention respect and twelve year old in a rant that shows no respect to me and name calling like that of a twelve year old.... maybe ten.
I offer no respect to people who don't give me any respect. Also, What name calling did I do? No, really, feel free to point it out. Finally, do you really want to test my patience?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 AM   #58
Triggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
I offer no respect to people who don't give me any respect. Also, What name calling did I do? No, really, feel free to point it out. Finally, do you really want to test my patience?
And why would I show you respect when you're disrespecting me. I guess I'll just go back to the massive amounts of disrespect I haven't been showing you. Yeah, I'm not into throwing around threats and causing trouble online, because I grew up years ago, but I'm sure it makes you feel so big, high and mighty. I'm supposed to be panic-stricken since you're going to ban me because i disagree with your unfair and unjust attempt to belittle my character? Well sorry to disappoint you kid, but after you ban me - I'll live. I'll shed no tears and I'll lose no sleep. Oh well. I see now why this once great and renowned place will never again be so and I'll give you a hint pssst - It's not because of the moderators or the members. Well, do what you gotta do kid. Infants running forums - badly - these days. What's next?

I can use bold and italics too big man... er, toddler. Might wanna go put on your big girl diapers and teach me a lesson I'll soon forget. Couldn't help sinking to your level through this, but I refuse to hide behind metaphors to claim I wasn't throwing an affront. Retarded administering of a forum defeats the forum's purpose. Thanks to the members and moderators of this forum for a good time. See ya around.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Last edited by Triggs; 11-19-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Triggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #59
Reaper man

Quote:
See ya around.
Indeed, bye.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #60
Chinomon

Losing the theme, dont ya think........
Chinomon is offline   Reply With Quote