Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 04-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Default Who still plays Diablo 2?

My friends and I have been playing the new patch which came out about 3 weeks ago. You get 1 stat and skill respec per difficulty and rune drops are more frequent. It's pretty cool, my only problem is that tppk has been 'fixed'. I say 'fixed' because I always enjoyed having to watch out for a pk at any given moment, but most people like it better this way. (I play hardcore, it's the only way to play imo).

So, does anyone still play?
Old 04-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
shawn

If you have the expansion then you don't want a little patch. You want what I have been using for the past year.

Median XL and it has NO comparison.

You get new items, skill, cube recipies, drops, and all new quests including UBERquests.

If you also combine this with PlugY you have more stuff including unlimited storage in your storage chest as in pages and page and pages over a 100 of pages in your chest to store stuff. For example I have about 50 jewels, 100 items like boots weapons armor ect, I have 100's of gems, dozens of runes. You do have to configure it though since PlugY default sometimes doesn't do this quite right but I got it right in about 10 minutes and 2 tries.

As for Median XL does having an Amazon with a skill that with a bow she can shoot arrows through walls and multiple monsters at the same time get you interest, or one that can shoot over a hundred arrows in all directions with one mouse click? How about my Barbarian that kicks ass but also can summon at this time 7 spirits to fight at his side with over 600 damage each per hit?

Don't think this is an easy game though the monster and bosses are much harder to kill and many are all new for Diablo 2 expansion even. I just got killed by Diablo 5 times in one day. I and my spirits hit him for over 10 minutes with everything we had and only took 10% off his life. Yeah he is that tough.

Check it out and also check out the screen shots and BTW this mod was just voted MOD of the Year #6 out of 10,000 MODs in all catagories and once you play it you will know why and never ever want to play regular Diablo 2 expansion again even with a patch though this is technically a patch though it is a patch over a 100 MB in size and worth every minute it took to download it.

Here's the MOD http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/

I recommend reading the entire site, seriously. I myself just highlighted ALL the text in each page and then saved it to text files like the page for cube recipies, or the page that lists all the runewords. Comes in very handy sometimes for help during a game.

Here's PlugY version 9.00 and read everything carefully since the last time I used this it only worked up till the Diablo expansion update patch one less than the latest "I think 1.12".

http://realmgaming.net/index.php?showtopic=23159

IMPORTANT:
It is recommended you install both or just the MOD with a fresh install of Expansion since you will not be able to use an old character with the new skill trees "all new".
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
The 9th Sage

I haven't played Diablo in some time, but I HAVE been playing Torchlight. If you haven't heard of it and you enjoy games like Diablo, you should check it out. It has some really nice mods as well (adding more to the dungeons, more monsters...good stuff).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
Lenophis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Check it out and also check out the screen shots and BTW this mod was just voted MOD of the Year #6 out of 10,000 MODs in all catagories and once you play it you will know why and never ever want to play regular Diablo 2 expansion again even with a patch though this is technically a patch though it is a patch over a 100 MB in size and worth every minute it took to download it.
That's one hell of a run-on. Do you breathe much?

Also, 100 megs? Pfft.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenophis View Post
That's one hell of a run-on. Do you breathe much?

Also, 100 megs? Pfft.
Heh, that's just Shawn's way.

Twitter
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
Heretic

Oddly enough I havent played the game since it first came out, but got bit by a weird bug to fire it up again last week. I tried with the first Diablo, and it didnt wanna install for me anymore (16 bit subsystem failed to respond) dee dee dee, install in safe mode. I forgot how much the first Diablo sucked, and 2nd one just kicked ass!
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Lenophis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Heh, that's just Shawn's way.
In all the years I've been here, I've never seen shawn talk like that. I know my memory sucks at times, but that seems out of character for him.

As for the thread itself, playing Diablo II solo tends to be a bit boring at times, especially when you have a level 89 pally that can't survive anywhere on hell. No, I cannot do multiplayer, cause I'm on dialup. PlugY was nice, but the uber quests were way too difficult solo, so I wound up cheating anyway. =\
Old 04-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Quote:
especially when you have a level 89 pally that can't survive anywhere on hell.
Hell isn't do bad if you can keep your resistance over 40ish. I usually do nightmare and hell co-op with 2 or 3 friends. With 3 or 4 people we can get around all of the immunes. Right now my zon and my friend's sorc can take out hell meph lvl 80 with shopped gear, and i'm sure D won't be a problem as long as we stay away from the lightning (which can be a little scary since we play hardcore mode aka dying = character deletion).

But yeah, I can imagine it being a bit boring single player. Too bad you're stuck on dial up.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #9
The 9th Sage

Quote:
In all the years I've been here, I've never seen shawn talk like that. I know my memory sucks at times, but that seems out of character for him.
I remember him doing that with the huge run on sentences more years ago when I first started coming here, not quite as much these days...but anyway, not that it matters really.

Speaking of Diablo...I really need to find my old Diablo disk. Might be fun to play it a little bit. Been ages since I have. Actually, weirdly, I think the last time I remember playing it was online with Shawn.

Twitter
Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
pipes

Diablo III is suppose to be coming out here soon. Are people going to pick that up and start playing over II? The wiki makes it look cool. I have never played the Diablo games, but the screenshots remind me of UO, and I was wondering will I like it, or will anyone play III?