Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 04-25-2005, 03:38 AM   #41
ricardobaltazar

Default Re: 420

> No, I don't drink currently, and I haven't gotten drunk in a
> long time. You can't "win" the arguement so you bring in
> something else that we're not even talking about--alchohol
> is not illegal to consume or possess--drugs are.

Alcohol is a drug. I bring alcohol into the arguement because you seem hell bent on calling out "illegal" drug use yet the legal status of a drug does not have anything to do with the medical and social effects of a drug.

> Until alchohol and or cigarettes are made
> illegal you can't compair them with illegal drugs. I really
> dispise illegal drug use.

There is no reason not to compare illegal and legal drugs. Just because a drug is deemed illegal by the US goverment does not mean that it is more harmful than a legal drug.

<P ID="signature"><center>
</center></P>
ricardobaltazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:30 AM   #42
Quasius

> There is no reason not to compare illegal and legal drugs.
> Just because a drug is deemed illegal by the US goverment
> does not mean that it is more harmful than a legal drug.

Actually, there is. A drug the US government deems illegal can get you put in jail, hence making it more harmful. Yeah war on drugs...

<P ID="signature"></P>
Quasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:49 AM   #43
Narvick

I've never seen those :o

<P ID="signature">!</P>
Narvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:52 AM   #44
Narvick

The two replies you just made pretty much sum up everything. It's amazing how arbitrary drugs really are. It's amazing how people completely and unwaveringly accept what has been told to them by society and authority, when in fact, it's all relative and not absolute.

<P ID="signature">!</P>
Old 04-27-2005, 01:53 AM   #45
Narvick

Narcs ;P

<P ID="signature">!</P>
Old 04-27-2005, 01:56 AM   #46
Narvick

And from a statement here, I can gather that you have actually never done any yourself. Despite what the media and government will tell you, weed does not impair your driving. Actually, most people drive more attentive. Not saying that there haven't been any accidents at all with people who were driving while high. But I will tell you that they HAPPENED to be high at the time of the accident. Driving drunk on the other hand, is dangerous and kills people all the time. But not driving high. Hate to break it to you.

<P ID="signature">!</P>
Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #47
Canar

> Alcohol is a drug. I bring alcohol into the arguement
> because you seem hell bent on calling out "illegal" drug use
> yet the legal status of a drug does not have anything to do
> with the medical and social effects of a drug.

Alcohol is /worse/ than a drug. The effects of alcohol come from the fact that you're poisoning your body. The effects of pot, acid, mushrooms, methamphetamine, and many other drugs come from the interaction of the chemicals with the neurochemistry of the brain. Afterwards, the drugs are flushed out of your system, and barring the places you went on those drugs, they leave no residue. Alcohol forces your body to repair itself.

In short, alcohol can do permanent physical damage, while drugs can do permanent mental damage.

<P ID="signature"><center><a href='http://canar.no-ip.com'>
Visit my site and leave comments plzkthxbye.</a></center></P>
Canar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #48
JadussD

> Alcohol is /worse/ than a drug. The effects of alcohol come
> from the fact that you're poisoning your body. The effects
> of pot, acid, mushrooms, methamphetamine, and many other
> drugs come from the interaction of the chemicals with the
> neurochemistry of the brain.

Well, you were pretty much right, except for methamphetamine. Methamphetamine is a very...physical...drug. You ever see a bunch of tweakers, with their faces stretched around their skulls like someone grabbed their skin, stretched it until they had enough slack to make a nice big knot, then cut off the excess? Between that, extreme weight loss, and the slight potential to cause weak blood vessels to utterly explode, sometimes sending a torrent of blood streaming out of their orifices, it would seem methampetamine can be pretty poisonous to your body.

<P ID="signature"><HR>
<CENTER></center></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:49 PM   #49
Canar

> Well, you were pretty much right, except for
> methamphetamine. Methamphetamine is a
> very...physical...drug. You ever see a bunch of tweakers,
> with their faces stretched around their skulls like someone
> grabbed their skin, stretched it until they had enough slack
> to make a nice big knot, then cut off the excess?

Hawhawhaw...

Yes, you've likely known tweakers. Tweakers are an example of the drug used to excess. It's not the drug that put them in that position, it's the things they did to themselves while doing the drug. No appetite, boundless energy, nothing but the desire for more drug.

I've used meth before. It's a good drug. Imagine caffeine, but lasting much longer, and with a much less jittery high.

It's not harmful to the body. These people are not properly maintaining their bodies under the influence. That's the problem. Not enough sleep, over exertion, not enough food, dehydration... These are all things that can present problems.

<P ID="signature"><center><a href='http://canar.no-ip.com'>
Visit my site and leave comments plzkthxbye.</a></center></P>
Canar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #50
JadussD

> It's not harmful to the body. These people are not properly
> maintaining their bodies under the influence. That's the
> problem. Not enough sleep, over exertion, not enough food,
> dehydration... These are all things that can present
> problems.

See, the problem with amphetamines is that they're really, really addictive, at least for some (a lot?) of people. I know this because I used to have the beginnings of a nice amphetamine habit. I can't even imagine how I'd fair with methamphetamine.The thing about your claim that speed is not dangerous is that it's complete bullshit. I'm sorry to say you're probably got stuck in the "all things are safe...in moderation" positive feedback loop. It just ain't true sometimes. After a night of railing it, my left arm went numb, then my right one, then my chest, all while puking my fucking brains out. I was rushed to the hospital, screaming and panicing the whole way, my heart beating like a machine gun, dizzy as hell. Now, I thought I was having a heart attack. The people at the hospital, of course, took their time figuring out what was happening...and it went away. Apparently, I have no heart damage. I was not even doing excessive amounts of it at the point where this happened. This wasn't even meth, just dextroamphetamine. I'm going to go with the "speed turns you into a jaw-clenching sketchball, is a really compulsive drug, can harm your body, turns you into a fucking asshole with delusions of grandeur, and makes you paranoid as fuck when you're coming down" view. Seriously, that moment, when you feel half like a sweaty, twitchy freak, and half like euphoric as hell, and the sun is just rising, and you have that godly powertrip feeling starting to turn into that hollow empty feeling, and you just keep pacing around with your teeth grinding down to stubs, that really fucking sucks a lot. And there you were thinking you'd be able to stay up all night and still go do stuff the next day... Oh ho ho, not without MORE speed, which can really just exacerabate the feeling.

<P ID="signature"><HR>
<CENTER></center></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote