Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 01-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Zeke Wild

Default Any body wanna team up for a Hack?

GDAY! any pro Hackers out their wanna Team up to make some Awsome SNES hacks as smc roms that can be ripped onto a snes Cart and played on the snes.

I need a hacker to do all the programing;
I'll make all the sprites, Backgrounds, and level layouts for the hackers to follow.

the game will be a R-type game, since i am a Rtype Fan and love the Rtype games and can beat Rtype 3 in 1 life. (on the snes no hacks)
We'll be using Rtype 3 as a base scince the engine is better optimiseed then Super Rtype. (the graphics are going to be pre-rended (by me)
and the game is going to be insane.
Zeke Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
InVerse

So basically you want someone else to do all the work and you're going to draw a few 16 bit pictures?
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
Zeke Wild

a few 16bit sprites?

the game is gonna be pre-rended dude.
I'm gonna do all the 3D modes and textures and Animating all the 3D animation for the Pre-rended Sprites/FX/background.
i'm not some noob who scetches some Tacky images in MSpaint.
I'm using industry standed software for the pre-rended grafics in the game.
It's going to take me hours to do all the grafics for the game becouse i want it really high quality so i will be doing a lot of work.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

I think that what Drunken hacker is trying to say it that any 'pro hacker' can pretty much hack whatever they want, and can do it on their own, so it's going to be hard to find a hacker willing to conform to your level layouts and choice of game.

It's nothing personal, just that everyone wants to do their own thing.

At this point, the best advice that I can give you is to take a look ot some documents on level and graphics editing, and then to try it out (maybe on the nes or SMS R-type to start out), in order to get an understanding on what needs to be done.
Maximum Potion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Zeke Wild

I've bean trying to find out how to do it for about 3 years so i desided to work with someone who knew how to do it.

thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
InVerse

Um... pre-rended isn't even a word. If you mean pre-rendered then I don't think that means what you think it means because ALL SNES graphics are pre-rendered. It'd be pretty damn impossible to do otherwise, I would think.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
Zeke Wild

Where are these stuff on hackign so i can start getting good at hacking So i can sell me soal to Satan for insane hacking skills and make insane sness games
THANKXXX
Old 01-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
Um... pre-rended isn't even a word. If you mean pre-rendered then I don't think that means what you think it means because ALL SNES graphics are pre-rendered. It'd be pretty damn impossible to do otherwise, I would think.
I presume he means pre-rendered as in the graphical style of Donkey Kong Country (using 3-D models to generate sprites).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Wild View Post
...Awsome SNES hacks as smc roms that can be ripped onto a snes Cart and played on the snes...

...the game will be a R-type game, since i am a Rtype Fan and love the Rtype games and can beat Rtype 3 in 1 life. (on the snes no hacks)
We'll be using Rtype 3 as a base scince the engine is better optimiseed then Super Rtype. (the graphics are going to be pre-rended (by me)
and the game is going to be insane.
Quote:
...the game is gonna be pre-rended dude.
...3D animation for the Pre-rended Sprites/FX/background.
i'm not some noob who scetches some Tacky images in MSpaint.
I'm using industry standed software for the pre-rended grafics in the game.
It's going to take me hours to do all the grafics for the game becouse i want it really high quality so i will be doing a lot of work.
Quote:
I've bean trying to find out how to do it for about 3 years so i desided to work with someone who knew how to do it.

thanks
Quote:
Where are these stuff on hackign so i can start getting good at hacking So i can sell me soal to Satan for insane hacking skills and make insane sness games
THANKXXX
Wow.... just wow. I don't know where to begin.

All I know is at this rate, not a single sane person is going to take you seriously.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
InVerse

I'm going to be completely honest with you. You aren't cut out to be a hacker. Hacking isn't a set of skills, it's a state of mind. You can't learn to be a hacker. You can learn certain techniques but they're useless if you don't know how to apply them. Anyone with the proper mindset to be a hacker would have simply typed rom hacking into Google and discovered that almost every document & tutorial every written about ROM hacking is contained on the very first hit.