Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 04-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Jomb

Default New Mindhole Blowing Group ROM-hack, Donner Party NSFW

So everybody, there are very few group ROM-hacks out there, and some could argue there are no good group ROM-hacks out there... until now.

I have gathered together an elite force of 10 different ROM-hackers, and we worked like slaves for a year to bring you the most insane, derranged, fucked up, and yet professional ROM-hack in a long time, now known as Donner Party.

Obviously this has adult content, and is not suitable for you if:
A) you are a child
or
B) you have a sense of humor from the Victorian times.

For the rest of you, read on..

Features:

* Every level changed

* Almost all graphics changed

* All music changed, in most cases with NES versions of popular songs.

* Bat range extended

* Mapper upgraded and ROM expanded

* Background animation implemented

* The editor Monster Rapist was created to make this hack

* Numerous gameplay changes, including but not limited to new monster/boss behavior

* It's own lavishly illustrated instruction manual and original story

* A female ROM-hacker actually worked on this. It's true, at least one exists.

* Other changes too numerous to mention here

Take on the role of Matt Donner and other freaks in this derranged fest of fuck. This is the ROM-hack of the year, you are a lame as shit if you dont check it out.

Official Page

Just download it without visiting offical page

PS -How would we go about getting this submitted here?
Jomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
chiefmonkey

1. What game is it a hack OF?

2. From the website...

Really?
chiefmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
InVerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomb View Post
So everybody, there are very few group ROM-hacks out there, and some could argue there are no good group ROM-hacks out there... until now.
There are quite a few group ROM hacks available, some very good, there just haven't been many active ROM hacking groups for the last 5 years or more because most of them moved on to more productive things.

Quote:
* A female ROM-hacker actually worked on this. It's true, at least one exists.
Dozens of them exist. Some of them even have vaginas. At least two are currently active in the translation scene.

Quote:
PS -How would we go about getting this submitted here?
Try messaging Maximum Potion, as he's listed as the staff member in charge of ROM hacking. Granted, he hasn't logged into the site in nearly 8 months, but that's probably still your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Light Brown View Post
Monster Party, one of the most underrated NES games of all time, along with Rambo and Clash at Demonhead. It says as much on the site, though I'll grant you that Jomb should have mentioned that in the post, for those who weren't aware that Monster Rapist was an editor for Monster Party.

Quote:
2. From the website...

Really?
Yeah, images like that are par for the course for Jomb. It's pretty much the only sort of ROM hacking he does.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnVerse View Post
Monster Party, one of the most underrated NES games of all time, along with Rambo and Clash at Demonhead. It says as much on the site, though I'll grant you that Jomb should have mentioned that in the post, for those who weren't aware that Monster Rapist was an editor for Monster Party.
underrated?!?

it was so bad ass it was in how to win at nintendo games 3 with passwords that didn't work!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
InVerse

Wait... "Includes Bayou Billy" was a selling point at some point in history? I didn't even realize that including Bayou Billy was a selling point for the actual Adventures of Bayou Billy game cartridge. I assumed most people bought it to prop up their broken table leg.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
Jomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmonkey View Post
Really?
Absolutely, what you see here are most of the playable characters in the game. Yes, there are more than 1 playable character, and all of them have unique gameplay/different abilities.

Quote:
There are quite a few group ROM hacks available, some very good, there just haven't been many active ROM hacking groups for the last 5 years or more because most of them moved on to more productive things.
What's your favorite one? I have'nt been able to find any that were interesting, though i may have missed something.

Quote:

Dozens of them exist. Some of them even have vaginas. At least two are currently active in the translation scene.
fleshlights dont count as vaginas, and I'm not counting translation hacking here, because though i have great respect for that kind of work, it's not the sort of creativity I'm getting at here.

Quote:

Monster Party was the base game, yes.

Quote:

Yeah, images like that are par for the course for Jomb. It's pretty much the only sort of ROM hacking he does.
I wont deny that this sort of hack is my specialty, but i have deviated sometimes (see God Hates You!)
This is not my hack though, I'm just one of ten creators on this one. The funny thing is that the character in that collage thats actually my design is probably the last one you'd expect.
Jomb is offline   Reply With Quote