Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 06-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #11
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
You know, I've had to make an effort to resist pointing out what a fucking moron you are for several weeks now. Why don't you do me a favor and just go ahead and ban me so I don't have to bother actually typing up the post?
Oh really? Oh please, do go on. I'd like to hear this.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #12
Isildur

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper man View Post
Oh really? Oh please, do go on. I'd like to hear this.
I think he's refering to the fact that it wouldn't hurt to mellow out a bit...
It darkens the atmosphere of a board when an admin is so frequently abrasive.

(There's some irony in InVerse being the one to comment on someone else not being considerate enough, but perhaps he's done some mellowing of his own in the years since his past misdeeds. I'm not saying I feel ready to give him a spare set of keys to my home, but I can't help but notice that lately he's been nothing but patient and helpful to people asking romhacking questions. There are probably too many "but"s in the preceding clause, but I'm feeling too lazy to do any but-reduction. Wait, that sounded wrong. Ah, screw it; *clicks "Submit Reply"*
Old 06-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #13
Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Potion View Post
I'd just like to point out that Tiamat was in the sky castle because it's and ancient civilization that was destroyed by Tiamat.

And that Garland obviously didn't plan ahead because it was a total accident that the time loop even happened, so he wouldn't ''have taken the princess to somewhere better? like an ISLAND maybe?''. Furthermore, if he wasn't killed in the Temple of Fiends, the time loop wouldn't have hapened in the first place...

But yeah, it looks like an interesting hack for anyone who has repeatedly beaten the game and wants a some variations.
I didn't remove Tiamat.
It's just that there's a dragon guarding the teleporter that lets you into the sky castle. This seems dumb to me, since seeing as how all the technology is still working, that the guard machines would also still be up and running. And the lefien people did not use dragons as far as I know. Sorry if I made you think I replaced Tiamat, god no, he's an awesome enemy to have.

As for garland, this all has to do with linear thinking. Garland wouldn't have gone bad if it wasn't for the corrupting influence of the FIENDS. They were already fucking up the world long before Garland grabbed the princess. But this all happened because you're going to defeat garland, which causes the whole time-loop you're already in.
The time loop started the minute you started the game, so why wouldn't garland or the FIENDs have done something to try to ensure that Garland win?
With his victory, a new time-loop could begin. The FIENDs already know they need to send him back in time, so they would send a living garland this time, with instructions on how to summon them. Garland would bring the princess with him, and it begins anew..
Meanwhile in the present, with the light warriors dead, the monsters would eventually take over. The world would die, and game over.
The only hope of stopping the time loop is to defeat garland in the past, which still don't make much sense to me, but I'm too lazy to adjust for that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
I think he's refering to the fact that it wouldn't hurt to mellow out a bit...
It darkens the atmosphere of a board when an admin is so frequently abrasive.

(There's some irony in InVerse being the one to comment on someone else not being considerate enough, but perhaps he's done some mellowing of his own in the years since his past misdeeds. I'm not saying I feel ready to give him a spare set of keys to my home, but I can't help but notice that lately he's been nothing but patient and helpful to people asking romhacking questions. There are probably too many "but"s in the preceding clause, but I'm feeling too lazy to do any but-reduction. Wait, that sounded wrong. Ah, screw it; *clicks "Submit Reply"*
I dunno how he was in the past, but he seems fine to me now.
And yes, I agree with the mellowing out thing. Really, did you have to bitch me out about a PNG?
I mean really, you could have just told me directly something like "from now on, please post PNG files, and see if you can use the screenshot function in the emulator. Also, widescreen fucks up the shots, please reduce the width.", would that really have killed you to be a little nicer? I mean I'm working my butt off (figuratively speaking) to make this awesome game mod, and you're all over my case because of a mistake I made with a picture... you didn't even comment about what you thought of the mod or anything else, just got right on my case.
I don't mean to sound like I'm singling you out, it's just how I feel.

Finally, I must ask, as an admin, don't you feel the least bit need to use TACT when posting a message? Just curious.
Though it does seem weird how you were so helpful in the Q&A forum, yet chewed me out here...
Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #14
The 9th Sage

I've talked to him about it.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
I've talked to him about it.
Much appreciated, thank you very much.

btw, I'm trying to post a video demo of the game on youtube, but it keeps timing out. If I ever succeed, I'll be sure to post a link here for all to see.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #16
Gil

and then there's the battle screens.
this one has the final boss in it. though according to the storyline, YOU'RE the final boss battle, but I'm not about to go duplicating player sprites as monsters ><
and no, when I release the patch for this (or possibly just make it playable via vNES applet on a site), this is not what your party will look like. I'm going to be using original sprites, until class change. then things get weird.

though I'm thinking of changing how the end boss loads.. seems like a waste to have so many black tiles and just one little thing in the middle, when I can just have him load as a small monster, and use the end boss box for something like my new warmech.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Final Fantasy Theater_001.png
Views:	118
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	83  
Old 06-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #17
Gil

aaaaand...that's one dead ROM now.
protip: don't use ffhackster to edit the black tiles at the bottom, the ones beyond the ship port tile. game was fine till I did that.

on a more positive note: my ultimate challenge is coming along nicely, though now I have to port it into an older copy of the ROM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ctqDM2aKA