Hard: Frustratingly control breakingly hard 7 15.91%
Moderate: Right mix of challenge and frustration. Just right 27 61.36%
Easy: Boring casual gamers zone 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #61
AkaneJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Urgh...I hate ice block puzzles. I almost threw my Wiimote at the TV like you hear of those people doing because of the ones in Twilight Princess.
You serious about that? I though those were easy. I finished them in a few minutes no problem. They didn't even seem to get any harder. They certainly weren't the coloured block puzzles in OoSeasons/Age, let alone any of the puzzles in Lufia 2 type hard. Zelda has had harder puzzles than those Ice Block ones.

As for Etrian Odyssey except for final post game boss it isn't impossibly hard. It's for easier if you know what your doing. A Troubadour with Healing & Relaxing, a Dark Hunter with Drain, and throw in a Medic, you don't even need to touch Immunize intill post game content. Never mind a Hexer with HP Up & Revenge paired with a Troubadour and Stamina can be surprising effective. I did everything different when I played through it and still succeeded without my Medic and Protector knowing the game braking power skills Immunize and Anti/

Last edited by AkaneJones; 03-03-2009 at 10:35 AM.
AkaneJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #62
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneJones View Post
As for Etrian Odyssey except for final post game boss it isn't impossibly hard. It's for easier if you know what your doing.
No, it's not impossible, but that game is pretty hardcore. Especially early on.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #63
toasterhed

The Super Mario Bros. Hell rom hack. That was pretty nasty. Myst... just because I don't get games like that. Getting 100% of everything in Star Ocean: Until the End of Time (maybe more time consuming than hard... some of it was pretty challenging though)

toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:48 AM   #64
jdev

I don't mind hard games, although I don't like sadistically punishing games like the Wizardry series. Usually my problems with games are more along the lines of bad cameras, first person dungeon crawlers with no auto-map (a pox on Wizardry), or games that are needlessly complicated that turn me into an insane Red Mage (Phantom Brave, some other NIS titles), and adventure games, because you always have to use some ridiculous item at a ridiculous situation. Actually, games like Contra, Gradius, Ninja Gaiden I invested weeks and months into, even though I could only beat a few levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
I'm going to add Brahma Force [PS1] to the list.

Very obscure, but maybe someone besides me will have tried it/own it.
I played it. I think I rented it one time. I don't remember it being significantly harder than other FP Mech games, though. Actually, I seem to remember Armored Core as being tougher, but maybe I'm wrong.
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #65
Morcar

Contra on the DS as you needed to have a second pair of eyes for the other screen. While we are on about Contra the Megadrive version was way too hard i thought.

SWIV was a hard game on the Amiga too unless you put the cheat in.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #66
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneJones View Post
They certainly weren't the coloured block puzzles in OoSeasons/Age, let alone any of the puzzles in Lufia 2 type hard. Zelda has had harder puzzles than those Ice Block ones.
I missed this before, but actually, you're right. That's still about the only spot in that game where I got stuck for a significant amount of time though (well, maybe a spot or two in the Temple of Time as well).

Twitter
Old 05-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #67
Shadow

Quote:
I missed this before, but actually, you're right. That's still about the only spot in that game where I got stuck for a significant amount of time though (well, maybe a spot or two in the Temple of Time as well).
Yes, the Temple of Time was hard. But there is one game I only won after several years: Maniac Mansion! Without FAQ and Workthrough it was impossible for me. I started my game in 1996 and finished it late 2004.
In general I always beat a game as soon as I get my hands on it. Hehe. But it is really time consuming. When I realized that I already have finished over 300 titles on all kinds of systems I had a break of 2-3 years. Then I switched to some more strategic series where I could spend a few hours and continue another day or week.
The latest one was "Hearts of Iron 2 - Doomsday Armageddon". It was inspiring for me to look for similiar older games. I have found Genghis Khan and though it is really old it's competitive and demanding. I never imagined so much micromanagement in an old school game is possible. Okay there are PC games like "Patrizier" or "Hanse". I should also mention "Romance of the three kingdoms". But the last one was too hard for me, because I don't understand Japanese.

The game I played most was Final Fantasy 3 - US (SNES). Must have been around 23-28 times. I find the character of Gau unfair. He has to learn from enemys and no attack is really worth the effort. Same thing for Strago. It's impossible to learn all attacks. Ok, not impossible but it takes just too long.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #68
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I find the character of Gau unfair. He has to learn from enemys and no attack is really worth the effort. Same thing for Strago. It's impossible to learn all attacks. Ok, not impossible but it takes just too long.
Step Mine. That's all I'll say.

Twitter
Old 05-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #69
Shadow

Quote:
Step Mine. That's all I'll say.
Oh no. XD
Now I have to play it again.... *ggg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlestarGalactica
So say we all!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #70
shadowdorothy

WOW. I still can't beat Etrain Oddesy. I haven't played much, but i got wooped so bad I almost cried after confronting a mini boss on level 2 at level 12... yeah it was that bad.

most games these days are way too easy. I beat the first 10 levels of crisis core and 20 side quests in under 12 hours. and that was with continues game play.