Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 06-21-2007, 04:36 AM   #1
grinsomniac

Default FInal Fantasy 3 US snes hack

I am trying to do a complete spoof of this game... it's going to be a riot. I have much of the graphics and portraits done. I have about 45% of the script done too. I just need to find a way to efficiently and accurately add script into the game. I know other projects (such as the FFIV retranslation project) used a method to add more text space than the original rom. Also Lord J uses similar asm hack to significantly increase the space available for battle script changes. I wonder if someone has already done either a Script inserter with this capability, or is there a way to HEX your way around the space constraints?? Also I have numerous great screenshots of the betas for this release. The reason I have to reinsert the script is because of Yousei's editor destroying the dark world map (as well as it's tendency to destroy the small square map.. even the Eikenwhatever's hack does this...) Please clue me in anyone..

1) Faster, efficient text insertion
2) Enabling more space via HEX... or hopefully an already ASM tool available...
3) Undoing the yousei destruction to maps... ?

Thanks in advance !!
<P ID="signature"></P>
grinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
grinsomniac

Default Re: FInal Fantasy 3 US snes hack

Attatched is an IPS patch to show off the progress that occured prior to the world of ruin disaster which Yousei's produced... The graphics and such are funny and much are done... The story is actually completely re written.. and there is a bit of random humor strewn throughout...

>

<P ID="signature"></P>

[url]C:ServerxampphtdocszopharoldwwwthreadsattachmentsF FSPOOFENHAGEN.ips[/url]
grinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote