Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 04-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #1
kevinfishburne

Default NEC PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) HES files with tags

Hello everyone. I run 8V Radio ([url]http://eightvirtues.com:8000/stream[/url]), which streams classic game OSTs using Icecast. I'm trying to add PC Engine music and have a large archive of HES files (PC Engine audio/music dumps) acquired from joshw and Zophar. I use Linux and Audacious to convert the HES files to FLAC for streaming, adding metadata as necessary using Kid3.

I'm looking for help from someone experienced doing this, as the majority of HES files don't have proper tags. Is there an archive of HES files with correct metadata? (Strike that if the question is a violation of the TOS/rules here.)

Another issue I'm having is that the HES files when loaded in Audacious always show 256 tracks which include all the sound effects and many are just empty. This didn't use to happen, so it's either the particular HES files I'm using or some change in the Audacious plugin to read HES files.

Assuming there is no archive of fully-tagged HES files, what is the best strategy for finding the correct song names for manual entry? YouTube is pretty good but tedious. Any help is appreciated!
kevinfishburne is offline   Reply With Quote