View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 08:51 PM   #14
Danoz

Default Re: Sandy Berger's "honest mistake"

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Wow...murder is now equated to stealing classified documents.

<hr></blockquote>
I didn't equate anything, I compared scenarios to make a point.

Lets get one thing straight right now....what Berger did was wrong, and nothing can change that. He got caught, he is and has been investigated, he's cooperating. Why is it more of an issue than this? He stole something, and got busted, and is being dealt with....can we move on Righty? I can't speculate as to what problems this may have caused b/c I dont know what was no those papers, but you'd think that after this long of a time, and it gets leaked right now is just stupid. Yes the people have a right to know what has happened, but if you are serious about it, DO IT WHEN IT HAPPENS, not waiting forever to time it.

<hr></blockquote>
We don't even know who leaked the story or how it leaked. And the story just broke, and we just started asking the questions... why are you already urging those in protest to move on?

Its unfortunate that the Democrats dont have any secret damaging info that will hurt the president....oh wait, all that SHIT just got released by the commission.

<hr></blockquote>
The commission did an excellent job. Did you even read the report?

But focusing on topic....was Berger wrong...YES. Was it wrong to give such a bullshit excuse....YES. At least he's making an effort to correct his shady actions....which is more than can be said for ANYONE in the Bush administration. Everyone in government is a lying sack of shit....its just the degree to which of a liar they are and how many people get hurt and/or fucked over from their actions. I don't mean to be one sided here....but the Republicans (especially the WH Admn) is winning in the lying resulting in fucking people over category over the last four years.....and based on their track record, I don't think it would behove the American people to repeat this trend any further.

<hr></blockquote>
As the commission has stated, the administration hasn't lied. I really think a lot of people owe apologies about this, but we won't get them.

Berger's a douche bag....and whatever went down will probably be figured out, and more likely than not, it'll be nothing like the smoking gun the Republicans are hoping for....like Saddam giving an handy to Clinton while getting a rim job from Monica.

<hr></blockquote>
Republicans certainly aren't "hoping" for a smoking gun, here... we just want to know the truth while others try to push this aside-- dismissing that action as "sloppy". If this IS nothing, I'll be relieved.

Make a deal about it....but not a big deal.

<hr></blockquote>
I'm not, I'm just saying that the questions should be answered.

Take appropriate action against these thefts of classified documents, and move on. The Republicans are wrong for blowing this out of proportion, and the Democrats are wrong for trying to dismiss it as nothing important. End of story.

<hr></blockquote>
Well, it's certainly not the "end of story", and to say it is is to "dismiss it as nothing important".

<P ID="signature"></P>
Danoz is offline   Reply With Quote