View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 02:48 AM   #12
Danoz

Default Re: Sandy Berger's "honest mistake"

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Okay, I will give you an analogy. In importance, these "fumbled" documents are as important as worrying about a scratch in your 9 year old banged up beater of a car when your jobless and are going to be evicted the next day from your home.

<hr></blockquote>
How do you know that the documents are no need for concern? If it was important enough that this man would put his entire job and respect on the line (let alone stuff the documents down his pants!) I think there is something extremely suspicious about this. You're saying they aren't important, but this is pure speculation.

Danoz, questions do need to be asked, but the RIGHT questions need to be asked. You got a CIA that fucked up royally. The 9/11 commission will report on the administration conviently after the election. You have people dying in a war that is breeding more terrorism. You have North Korea with nukes. You have pakistan selling nuke making material to terroist states.

<hr></blockquote>
What do these things have to do with Berger! That's the issue I'm talking about, the questions I'm referring to are ones regarding that. Intelligence is something the commission has seriously looked into-- and as for the report on the President, even the commission has stated that the president never lied-- only believed the intelligence he was given.

I am not misdirecting you. Do not spin it as such.

<hr></blockquote>
What spin?! You're talking about North Korea and the CIA in a thread about Berger and documents. There is a clear misdirection here, how can you call this spin?

The reality is the Berger issue is a leak. Reports state that both the Justice and Administration have known about the investigation for quite some time. Is is just pure coincidence that it is leaked so close to election time?

<hr></blockquote>
You can talk about the timing all you want, there's always something near ANY big breaking story that cause people to consider it intelligent placement. Hell, when president Bush went to Iraq people said that he only went to dwarf Hilary Clinton's visit! I'm not saying that the timing isn't an issue, I'm saying that all you (and others) want to do is talk about timing, completely ignoring Berger and the documents. Honestly, I find top secret documents in pants more suspicious than the timing of the break.

There are much bigger more important issues at hand than a non issue about a few classified documents missing and a person who by all news reports is cooperating with the Justice Department to get them back.

<hr></blockquote>
Wouldn't you if you got caught? I think there are questions that need answered about the subject

Your country is in flames Danoz. (I know, a little melodramatic)

<hr></blockquote>
You do realize that you're telling people to ignore this because other problems exist. When somebody commits murder you don't say, "Forget about him, there's terrorists out there!"

<P ID="signature"></P>
Danoz is offline   Reply With Quote