View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
toasterhed

I don't think that in this case he should do his time in a cell. Some of these kids that they are coercing into going into the military don't have any clue about what is really going on.

That no child left behind act also gives military full rights to go to schools, where there are UNDERAGE MINORS whom they harass and pressure into going into service. That's the real issue here. I don't think anyone is saying the military is completely wrong. After all it does have it's place. But the way they are going about it is really fucked up.

In my opinion they have no right to talk to underage minors. What about the beliefs of the parents and the right for those parents to instill the values they see fit? Like for example I don't believe I would want my child to join a cause that encourages the pointless slaughter of human life. And that is my opinion about it. Although I'm not peace loving person either. I believe defending what you love is okay which brings me to my next point...

If someone did those things to my kid, they'd be hanging out in the bottom of a river somewhere. Period. And I don't even have kids.

Not cool. Very, not cool.

BTW puduhead - your avi is awesome, just thought I'd tell ya!

Last edited by toasterhed; 01-05-2009 at 09:33 AM.
toasterhed is offline   Reply With Quote