View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 03:04 AM   #7
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
1. Do you think that the government is doing enough to try to fix the economy?
(Yes, No, I'm not sure)
No, and for basically the same reasons as Space.

Quote:
2. Do you think that, even though AIG blew some bailout money on fancy vacations, the government should approve of another bailout?
(It's a necessary move, It might be worth it, Waste of money)
It might be worth it. There really needs to be some kind of stipulations in this bailout though. They shouldn't be able to spend this money on that sort thing. Our government needs to...I don't know..."step in and man up" as far as that goes. :P

Quote:
3. What about another economic stimulus package? Should another one be approved?
(Yes, Either way is fine, People should be self-sufficient)
I say yes...I know such a thing would give me more breathing room, and I'm sure many others would feel better in that respect too if it goes through.

Quote:
4. Should the government approve of a bailout for the automotive industry?
(Yes, Only if the auto industry works to improve alternative fuel technologies, The industry needs to take care of itself)
Not sure, leading to no. I think much of the reason they are having problems right now is their fault...perhaps if they'd been less shortsighted and started working on better cars (ie better efficiency and not more horsepower) sooner, they'd not be in this mess.

Quote:
5. Do you feel like the recent drops in gas prices are temporary?
(No, Yes, I'm not sure)
Oh hell yes they are. Now, I work at a gas station (don't laugh...I get paid pretty damn well to do almost nothing since things are pretty much automated, I'm encouraged to bring a book), and I feel that people are still cutting back on gas, but reason states that eventually people will feel more comfortable, consume more fuel, and cause the price to bounce back up, at least some.

Quote:
6. Is a surge in fuel demand, and a subsequent gas price spike inevitable?
(No, Unlikely but possible, Yes)
Yes. I guess I kind of covered that above.

Quote:
7. Do you feel that when Obama takes office, the economy will stabilize?
(It will improve, It will stabilize, It will only get worse)
Improve. I don't know that it'll stabilize, but I think it will improve. He's got a huge job ahead of him.

Quote:
8. Overall, what's your current view of the country's economic state, both righ now and in the future?
(Optimistic, Uncertain, Pessimistic)
Uncertain. It's kind of hard for me to say at this point which way things are going.

Quote:
Okay, now for the personal info I'll need...it's nothing big. I need your age, nationality, and gender.
26, USA, Male

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote