View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 06:39 AM   #9
Canar

Default Re: Stupid raver fucks

> Fucking ravers. I hate each and every one of you. If I
> ever see one of you faggots walking around with a glowstick
> or pacifier on your neck, I'm going to stab you in the face
> just on principle.

You greatly misunderstand ravers. Saying you hate ravers is about as specific as saying you hate emulation fans. There are so many different kinds of ravers that it's impossible to accurately generalize.

I've been "in the scene" for quite a while now, since I was 16 or so. I've not been as active lately, but I can tell you that they attact the oddest crowds. Sure, you get the druggies and the candy kids (those are the sort of subgenre of ravers that enjoy glowsticks/pacifiers), but you also get the electronic music fans, junglists, clubbers, partiers, and so on. Overall, they attract a much more varied group than either clubs or frat parties.

There are many people capable of rather high-level thought. I've gotten into some very interesting discussions with people, both on and off of drugs.

Every scene is different. Every party is different. The atmosphere of a nice small rave with a good vibe and good DJing is indescribable. It's almost as coherent a group as a church, and there are many parallels between the two.

That said, glowsticks are incredibly fun to dance with, if you have a bit of skill.

<P ID="signature"></P>
Canar is offline   Reply With Quote