Thread: Gamehacking.org
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
LiquidManZero

Sadly for my first post here... I am feeling the need to invoke something along the lines of being excessively verbose, likely with the post getting skimmed through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC View Post
so he renamed it the "BSFree" database and stripped that database of proper code credit to the code creators. The GSCentral.org database is the only one who has credited gamers honestly in the scene today.
I realize Viper187 also commented on this. Though as the guy who handled converting the data to a usable format, I can say a few things. For one your brother's incredibly poor job importing the flat files into MySQL greatly mangled what was left. Including breaking and removing a noticeable amount sloppy crediting had been around to start with. It was obvious quite a few structural typos had been present and zero effort was made to do anything to so much as detect them.

Quote:
Plus, the fact that their website is thousands of codes out of date and that their staff is incapable of adding codes for numerous sections.
[citation needed]. No really. What do you even know about how the internal organs of your own site, much less somebody else's, work?

I realize to you I'm not a reliable person to report this, but it has been observed that the only times the codes on GS Central are updated is after a long outage of the section. Posting game entires on an updates page and then not actually putting the codes up isn't the same as actually updating. I do however also realize that it's remotely possible that has been changed while I've been bothering to pay attention.

Quote:
The GSCentral (2007) db is the crux of your site because it was the hard work on many, many people contributing to GSCentral.
With the exception of Rune himself, everybody we've managed to contact regarding our use of their codes has been either fine or actually happy that somebody was still doing something with them. Have you, Rune, personally ever asked anybody about this stuff? If so how did people respond?

Quote:
LB - chronic liar. Do not trust this man!
Rune - I have lied less than 30 times in my whole life. People love me in-person because I am brutally honest and truthful. I strongly dislike people who lie. I also feel that honesty truly is the best policy. I am not seeing honesty being represented here by Lazy Bastard.
Rune, I take it you're accusing LB of pseudologia fantastica, while exhibiting at least two of the primary characteristics stated on Wikipedia for this condition. Yes, I did have to look up the technical term for this condition.

Quote:
Not sure what he means when much of the database was created with these "fingers".
This would at least imply a good suspect as to where a great deal of the corruption in the flat files had come from. Despite that questionable Perl tends to behave better than badly written PHP.

Quote:
You didn't create the original db but you have since altered the code credit of thousands of codes. :-)
This is true. However it was done with the intent of descrambling a mess somebody else made. Which I highly do not expect you to believe.

Quote:
I am not hosting that copy, it is being hosted elsewhere on the Internet and that link is broken due to recent website intrusions.
If I'm understanding this correctly... Somebody broke into your site (multiple times) and your solution was to delete all of your downloads. Which causes the links to hit broken versions of the site's index page. I honestly had not realized that having files up that people can grab was such a major security risk.