Thread: Gamehacking.org
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Rune @ GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard View Post
As much of your response was repetitive or useless, I will respond to those parts I find relevant.

You are the only person that I have seen claim this. Everyone else from GSCentral.com (the original) seems to remember things very differently. This would make sense, given that GSCentral.org is quite different from GSCentral.com.
There is almost no one left from GSCentral.com to consult and the people that remain are largely bitter at how their "new GSC" aka Kodewerx failed horribly. I would like to hear from any non-Kodewerx individual who could back up those claims, seeing how most had too little investment into GSCentral from a code perspective to attest to what happened.

The fact that the GSCentral.com and now .org was so successful was a testament to the abilities of the original staff. Parasyte is likely angry at me because he split-off from GSCentral and his website Kodewerx and now realizes that the green is not always greener on the other side.

Quote:
So, nensondubois, a person with virtually no skill or accomplishment to speak of, had his work stolen by ugetab,
nensondubois is a very talented individual who does some impressive music modifier hacks. You should check out his work sometime.

Quote:
I'm referring to what everyone in that 'war' saw; our direct display of your having taken codes from our site and added them to yours, with no credit to the hackers, replete with proof via timestamps, including those of Google's cache system. This was a big punch to the stomach to your argument, and the turning point after which GSC members began to cross the floor to GH.org.
Where is this visual proof? I have yet to see it because it does not exist. Everyone has been given 100% credit since day 1 of GSCentral, way back in January 1998.

Aside, where do you get your class-A drugs because they must be working a little too well!

Quote:
So what you're saying is...the most famous and skilled members of your site didn't like your management of the place, but were perfectly content back when they were at GSCentral.com. I agree.
They didn't like the management of Stinky613 and how he was never around to listen to people. I attempted to keep the website in line but "the most famous and skilled members" (Para, Viper187) were unhappy with their lifestyles and directed that angst at GSCentral inappropriately. :^)

Quote:
The GSC code database was open to the world in the first place (except that you broke it for an extremely long time (years?), during which it wasn't even available on your site), and it was comprised of work by hacking scene members going back to the original GSC.com;
It was and still is the proper of GSCentral.

Quote:
It's annoying that some newbie might not realize he's visiting a site that is merely an echo of another site, and it's a little pathetic, but if you're giving proper credit, it's fine.
GSCentral has thousands upon thousands of codes that GSHI/GH does not have and will never have. The only echo in the scene is GH. If you removed the GSCentral (2007) db as you have been personally asked multiple times over the years, your website would unveiled as the hollow shell that pales in comparison to the hard work that was done at GSCentral.

Quote:
Except, these were the best and brightest members of GSC. It makes no sense that all your most skilled members would suddenly agree with me after having spent years at GSC. Granted, people like Demonic722 and Abystus are quite good, but they're also staff members at GameHacking.org.
All of those members were bitter with other long-gone administrative and moderator staff. If their angst was directed at myself, it was sorely misplaced as I attempted numerous times to listen to their concerns.

Quote:
Why did you put "its" in quotes? Were you attempting to make fun of incorrect punctuation? If you were, you should pay better attention in English class, because I used the word correctly. An apostrophe would imply a contraction (it-is), which wouldn't make sense in that sentence. Just saying.
"Its" database.